"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Mike, hope you are feeling better fast AND that the fox and wood rats are NOT!! Here is the remaining baby on Day 6. It is sure taking advantage being the only one, if it were fatter it would pop, I think, but then I have never seen new born babies before. LOL Coco is taking very good care of it. Poor thing, she's such a good Mom and only has one baby.
That baby is so precious!!! :love

Well, I thought that I had found yet "ANOTHER" person to help me in the chicken yard but that fell through. I called the little guy earlier to confirm his start date on tomorrow morning. Well, now he says that he can't do because "something else came up". Could that "something else" be "that is just too much hard work for me"? :smack

Who woulda thunk that giving a job away would be this hard? :idunno :mad: :confused:

Well, I thought that I had found yet "ANOTHER" person to help me in the chicken yard but that fell through. I called the little guy earlier to confirm his start date on tomorrow morning. Well, now he says that he can't do because "something else came up". Could that "something else" be "that is just too much hard work for me"?
smack.gif

Who woulda thunk that giving a job away would be this hard?
idunno.gif
somad.gif
hu.gif
Of course...when one can sit happily on their derrier playing on their iphones and drinking a beer eating all the free food they just bought with our tax money. Why actually work? Pitiful situation this country is in.
rant.gif

And I'd be happy to take some muscovies off your hands, too.
wink.png

Well, I thought that I had found yet "ANOTHER" person to help me in the chicken yard but that fell through. I called the little guy earlier to confirm his start date on tomorrow morning. Well, now he says that he can't do because "something else came up". Could that "something else" be "that is just too much hard work for me"? :smack Who woulda thunk that giving a job away would be this hard? :idunno :mad: :confused:
Of course...when one can sit happily on their derrier playing on their iphones and drinking a beer eating all the free food they just bought with our tax money. Why actually work? Pitiful situation this country is in.
rant.gif
And I'd be happy to take some muscovies off your hands, too.
wink.png
You are so right about sitting on their derrier. This is depressing. If I were a teen, I would love to make extra money working with animals. I'll keep trying to find a worker. :/ I will let you know when the scovies have run me crazy and I start packing their bags. ;)

You are so right about sitting on their derrier. This is depressing. If I were a teen, I would love to make extra money working with animals.

I'll keep trying to find a worker.
hmm.png

I will let you know when the scovies have run me crazy and I start packing their bags.
wink.png
I know this is probably a stupid question since you usually have all your bases covered, but have you contacted the local 4-H club to see if they had any able bodied teenagers looking for work?

You are so right about sitting on their derrier. This is depressing. If I were a teen, I would love to make extra money working with animals.

I'll keep trying to find a worker. :/

I will let you know when the scovies have run me crazy and I start packing their bags. ;)

I know this is probably a stupid question since you usually have all your bases covered, but have you contacted the local 4-H club to see if they had any able bodied teenagers looking for work?

Not stupid at all. Thanks for mentioning that.

Yes, that was the first place that I checked a couple years ago. It took the teacher that is over 4H FOREVER to return my calls. Once he finally did, he checked with his students and he thought that 1 student would be interested in the job. Well after all the phone calls, etc, etc, etc. The 4H student never showed up and I never heard back from the 4H teacher. I tried to call another school and the principal NEVER called me back. I like to speak with the principal first so that they are aware of what's going on so that they can direct me to the 4H leader or whoever is in charge. I can always try again to see if I have better luck.

There was this one lady that came over to buy some eggs and we sorta talked about it but there was something about her that I don't trust and I wouldn't want her child nowhere on my property if I am not there. You know when you have a tugging/nagging feeling about someone that you can't put your finger on. Well, I feel that way about the mom. Something tells me that something would come up missing at my house if her son was there unsupervised. See what I'm saying? ;)

My next step and I have already contacted them, is to post a flyer at the local university to see if a college kid from the AG department would like the job.

I won't give up.

Not stupid at all. Thanks for mentioning that.

Yes, that was the first place that I checked a couple years ago. It took the teacher that is over 4H FOREVER to return my calls. Once he finally did, he checked with his students and he thought that 1 student would be interested in the job. Well after all the phone calls, etc, etc, etc. The 4H student never showed up and I never heard back from the 4H teacher. I tried to call another school and the principal NEVER called me back. I like to speak with the principal first so that they are aware of what's going on so that they can direct me to the 4H leader or whoever is in charge. I can always try again to see if I have better luck.

There was this one lady that came over to buy some eggs and we sorta talked about it but there was something about her that I don't trust and I wouldn't want her child nowhere on my property if I am not there. You know when you have a tugging/nagging feeling about someone that you can't put your finger on. Well, I feel that way about the mom. Something tells me that something would come up missing at my house if her son was there unsupervised. See what I'm saying?
wink.png

My next step and I have already contacted them, is to post a flyer at the local university to see if a college kid from the AG department would like the job.

I won't give up.
You'd probably have a lot better luck going that route! What about craigslist or posting a flier at your local feed stores?

I thought about craigslist but im scared of the psychos that may reply. The feed store is an excellent idea. I didn't think about that. Thanks for mentioning that. I will try to do that this weekend. Thanks a bunch!

I thought about craigslist but im scared of the psychos that may reply. The feed store is an excellent idea. I didn't think about that. Thanks for mentioning that. I will try to do that this weekend. Thanks a bunch!
X2 on Craigslist. That Craigslist medical student serial killer just sticks in my mind about Craigslist. Nobody in your area on BYC has a child or knows of a child that could help you????? Calling all BYCers....

Back
Top Bottom