"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Beautiful babies! My 5 pea eggs are still going strong. Due to hatch on the 22nd. I hover and sweet talk them daily in hopes that some kind of divine miracles will happen and all 5 will hatch and I'll get a white or two! LOL
lol.png

My two d'uccle broodies amaze me daily. I kept wondering how Dolly was managing to get all of the eggs over the boards and under herself. Then when she'd sneak out to eat Tanya would get one and move to random spots all over the coop (probably to get away from Dolly). I went out yesterday to check them again as they've stolen so many darned eggs I have no idea when they will hatch. I picked Tanya up slightly and by golly Dolly jumped over and grabbed an egg while I was lifting her! That evil wicked witch of the west tucked that egg under her chin and plopped her fluffy butt right back down in her own nest with it!!!!!
ep.gif
She's a broody hoarder! Needless to say, I took it back and put it under Tanya again. The really amazing part of what's going on with these two is that when I knew they were serious about their egg hatching obsession I started dating the eggs under them. I did for a week thinking that they'd hatch generally in the same time frame. First egg due on the 9th. On Monday I found this scenario:

Wicked Witch of the West Dolly on the left and Tanya Tucker on the right. Would you believe the egg shell was under Dolly yet that baby seemed to know mama was Tanya???

Dolly trying to stop the babe from running around. See the nosy bird outside the door? LOL
.And just for fun I snapped this pic of the 3 I got from mzstre --the basque pair (Tom Peeping Tom and his lady I haven't chosen a name for yet) and the Swedish Flower Cockerel Donald Trump. Guess how he earned that name? LOL

This is my 4 and a half month old blue copper marans cockerel. He is growing into such a beautiful boy. I got my first egg from his girls yesterday! WHOOT WHOOT!!!!!

Thanks for everyone interested in the guinea keets. They were sold yesterday evening. :)

I just set my first 7 pea eggs from Terri Monday! I am as nervous as a first time hatcher! I've wanted peacocks for a while but I wanted more experience before I got them.

I would love a mini donkey but right now I am more interested in a potbelly piglet.

I've never been to a swap, nor to Coventry...is there an address I can GPS or google? Or can someone point me in the right direction? Lol I know its Sunday and the town! I received a link of info but it wouldn't open for me to view it! Thanx so much :)

It'll be my 1st one but I am only going to pick up some lovely blue Wheatons - NOT to come home with 100 chicks! Oh my goodness I'm done for- I have very lil chicken will power o_o

I've never been to a swap, nor to Coventry...is there an address I can GPS or google? Or can someone point me in the right direction? Lol I know its Sunday and the town! I received a link of info but it wouldn't open for me to view it! Thanx so much
smile.png
O'Keefe Feed & Seed
Directions

Write a review

Address: 900 N Columbia St, Covington, LA 70433
Phone:(985) 892-4101
Reviews

Thanks for everyone interested in the guinea keets. They were sold yesterday evening. :)

I just set my first 7 pea eggs from Terri Monday! I am as nervous as a first time hatcher! I've wanted peacocks for a while but I wanted more experience before I got them.

I would love a mini donkey but right now I am more interested in a potbelly piglet.

Good luck with the pea eggs. Sending good vibes your way. :fl

To the Louisiana Peeps that sell day old chicks: How long do you guarantee them for once they leave your possession?

I sold some chicks to a local lady. She lost EVERY SINGLE ONE of them. I gave the other half of the hatch to a friend of mine, and all of his are perfectly fine. It's obviously not a problem that came from my house, or his chicks wouldn't have made it either. I've offered her a full refund in good faith, but I'm just wondering what everyone else's policy is?

As is, no waranty 'bout like I guarontee a racecar motor, that it will crank and run. Well when they get the biddies they're already up an running, the rest is on them, too many variables and things you cannot control once out your possession. Sorry but that's just the only way it can be done or else you'll soon find yourself buried in a hole of expense, all on you.
hmm.png

Jeff

Last edited:
REFUND????? OH NO MA'AM!!!! As you said in "good faith" but still.

I could see if 1 or 2 died but ALL of them died. Oh no! Sorry Charlie. That dog don't hunt with me.

I don't sell day old chicks but I will comment anyway. For any animal that I sell, once the seller drives away, that closes the deal. No returns. You as a buyer have no control over what happens when that person leaves your property. It could be something like them leaving the darn air condition on high in the vehicle and the air blowing directly on them and they have a 3 hour drive back home and all of them freeze to death. That is out of your control.

Was she making a big stink about it?

Back
Top Bottom