Lost on this help. Need help

Diet hasn't changed. They forage morning & evening in the back yard. New Organics layer crumble with scratch & dried mealworms as a daily treat. All same for the last year. Apple Cider Vinegar in water in the summer. Now I'm scared of Mareks after seeing another feather loss post. I'm going to check her vent area & skin where feathers are really good before they roost. Her voice sounds normal but her breathing sounds like there is fluid like human crackles with pneumonia (sorry I'm a people nurse ) I do have a problem with wild birds getting into the run through the chicken wire. I didn't think about that when I built it. The coop smaller run is 1/4inch.
Scratch and mealworms daily aren't good either. That's a lot of fat and takes away from the balanced diet of the crumbled feed.

Did she just start the gurgling after you gave her the equimax?

Diet hasn't changed. They forage morning & evening in the back yard. New Organics layer crumble with scratch & dried mealworms as a daily treat. All same for the last year. Apple Cider Vinegar in water in the summer. Now I'm scared of Mareks after seeing another feather loss post. I'm going to check her vent area & skin where feathers are really good before they roost. Her voice sounds normal but her breathing sounds like there is fluid like human crackles with pneumonia (sorry I'm a people nurse ) I do have a problem with wild birds getting into the run through the chicken wire. I didn't think about that when I built it. The coop smaller run is 1/4inch.
Don't worry about Marek's disease coming in from wild birds. You are more likely to bring the dease home if you buy chickens from someone else.
Tapeworms and gurgling aren't a sign of Marek's.

I did for the first time put lime on the ground. The dewormer worked for all.of them at .1ml in the fall. And there is some stress as another is isolated for bad behavior with 3 days left. New Country Organics layer feed and scratch since of age. Dried meal worms treats. All the same for over a year. What do suggest for respiratory? I did colloidal Silver and VetRx. She is eating & drinking normally. She does forage when let out 2x a day but goes off an sits after about 30min.

Scratch and mealworms daily aren't good either. That's a lot of fat and takes away from the balanced diet of the crumbled feed.

Did she just start the gurgling after you gave her the equimax?
No. I did the eqiluimax last. I don't do the Scratch everyday but my husband just won't stop with "treats" no matter how many times I say a treat isn't everyday. He's an ass when it comes to this, and is retired

I did for the first time put lime on the ground. The dewormer worked for all.of them at .1ml in the fall. And there is some stress as another is isolated for bad behavior with 3 days left. New Country Organics layer feed and scratch since of age. Dried meal worms treats. All the same for over a year. What do suggest for respiratory? I did colloidal Silver and VetRx. She is eating & drinking normally. She does forage when let out 2x a day but goes off an sits after about 30min.
I'd stop giving the sliver stuff and vetrx.

How long has she been breathing like this?

No. I did the eqiluimax last. I don't do the Scratch everyday but my husband just won't stop with "treats" no matter how many times I say a treat isn't everyday. He's an ass when it comes to this, and is retired
I'll find a few pictures for you to show him of what happens to hens that eat treats daily. Maybe the pictures will help him to see what it causes.

Your bird that's breathing funny...may already be suffering.

Antibiotics from a vet are one option to try. If a vet is not an option let me know and I'll pm you something.

The stress can cause them to molt. Having a lot of tapeworms like isn't good.

Post in thread 'The Truth About the "Pea Sized Blob" of Horse Paste De-Wormer' https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...f-horse-paste-de-wormer.1141545/post-17748695

The gurgling sounds like a respiratory disease.

ACV in water isn't good especially during the summer. It can inhibit the absorption of calcium.

What feed do you feed? Do you feed treats?

The lime stuff could be burning her skin.
It's about as useless as DE.
They also have grit & calcium plus crushed baked eggshells. I'm gonna look at the skin & vent good in an hour. I just really love my girls😭

I'll find a few pictures for you to show him of what happens to hens that eat treats daily. Maybe the pictures will help him to see what it causes.

Your bird that's breathing funny...may already be suffering.

Antibiotics from a vet are one option to try. If a vet is not an option let me know and I'll pm you something.
Thank you he just doesn't get it. I have liquid Doxycycline & penicillin pills on hand from a vet company.

Just thought I would try colloidal Silver first. It helped one last year with breathing problem but this sounds different. The other was hoarse. This is absolutely a gurgle

Back
Top Bottom