Looking to Rehome a Rooster - South Florida

Panchita67

In the Brooder
Mar 13, 2024
Hello. About 3 months ago we got chickens, 3 hens and 1 rooster. Only one hen and one rooster were from the same flock but they all behave nicely with one another. I love my rooster, but this morning a police officer knocked on our door and let us know that we cannot have the rooster any more due to a noise complaint. I want my lovely rooster Pancho to have a new home! He is so wonderful. If you are interested, please let me know. I am located in South Florida. A little close to Miami.

This is him! He’s a bit bigger now, I’m unsure of the age, but I’m at school so I don’t have a current picture.

Attachments

• IMG_2455.jpeg
    IMG_2455.jpeg
    491.7 KB · Views: 9
What are they going to do if you don't get rid of it? I had a CO come to tell me I needed an electric fence, gave me a time sensitive "ticket" the ticket was only a suggestion in the form of a scary looking ticket, nowhere did it state that I would be penalized if I didn't comply. No one ever checked if the fence went up either.
I'd keep him and if they come back tell them you got rid of him and accidentally replaced him with another rooster thinking it was a hen. I feel like it's a violation of the basic human right to grow your own food.

Thank you for the advice! As far as I know, she only gave us that warning. My mother answered the door so I’m not sure what they’d do if we didn’t move him. We were considering trying the Velcro collar to reduce his crowing noise but I don’t know too much about those and I don’t want to risk hurting him if they’re painful! I’m hoping we can find a home for him soon. We’re not even sure what neighbor complained because a lot of them would pass by and see me or one of my family members outside and say how they like hearing it in the morning, because a lot of them wake up early for work. But I do understand how it could be a bother to someone, which is fine. I would just rather rehome him than have him killed, and I don’t know a place that would take him.

Thank you for the advice! As far as I know, she only gave us that warning. My mother answered the door so I’m not sure what they’d do if we didn’t move him. We were considering trying the Velcro collar to reduce his crowing noise but I don’t know too much about those and I don’t want to risk hurting him if they’re painful! I’m hoping we can find a home for him soon. We’re not even sure what neighbor complained because a lot of them would pass by and see me or one of my family members outside and say how they like hearing it in the morning, because a lot of them wake up early for work. But I do understand how it could be a bother to someone, which is fine. I would just rather rehome him than have him killed, and I don’t know a place that would take him.
For the crowing collars, the general concern is choking while eating/drinking with a constricted throat. I don't think they are thought to be painful, just uncomfortable most likely. You can search up threads on accidental death due to crow collars, but some people are willing to risk it vs. outright death of the rooster/culling when no other option is available.

I pray you have luck rehoming him ❤️ He's lucky to have yall looking out for his welfare.

This happened to me back in 2019. I am in GA. I went to court for the "chicken ticket". I was told I wasn't allowed to have ANY chickens on less than 5 acres of land. I have 4.72 acres.
When I went to court, they wanted me to sign a paper. I glanced over it and refused to sign it. The judge got instantly irate! He said I had to sign the paper in order to proceed. The paper was full of legal jargon but basically said that I was giving them permission to hear the case—in other words, giving them jurisdiction. I still refused and brought up the 9th Amendment of our great Constitution. The judge continued to yell, be snide, and even threatened me with contempt of court. I stayed calm and asked the judge what he was going to find me in contempt of - trying to preserve my rights, which they were trying to blatantly violate. I let them know that they were trying to regulate my private property as if it were their own. He ruled to move the case to the Supreme Court.
I never went to supreme court. I filed a 42 USC 1983 civil suit in federal court. I never paid any fines and never got rid of any hens or roosters. Fast forward to 2024 and I still have chickens and they have never came by to bother me again. In my federal suit I filed against the city and code enforcement. I filed a federal tort claim against the judge since you cannot sue a judge in court but you can file a tort claim at the federal level against their bond.

This happened to me back in 2019. I am in GA. I went to court for the "chicken ticket". I was told I wasn't allowed to have ANY chickens on less than 5 acres of land. I have 4.72 acres.
When I went to court, they wanted me to sign a paper. I glanced over it and refused to sign it. The judge got instantly irate! He said I had to sign the paper in order to proceed. The paper was full of legal jargon but basically said that I was giving them permission to hear the case—in other words, giving them jurisdiction. I still refused and brought up the 9th Amendment of our great Constitution. The judge continued to yell, be snide, and even threatened me with contempt of court. I stayed calm and asked the judge what he was going to find me in contempt of - trying to preserve my rights, which they were trying to blatantly violate. I let them know that they were trying to regulate my private property as if it were their own. He ruled to move the case to the Supreme Court.
I never went to supreme court. I filed a 42 USC 1983 civil suit in federal court. I never paid any fines and never got rid of any hens or roosters. Fast forward to 2024 and I still have chickens and they have never came by to bother me again. In my federal suit I filed against the city and code enforcement. I filed a federal tort claim against the judge since you cannot sue a judge in court but you can file a tort claim at the federal level against their bond.
🤩 You are/were amazing!

Back
Top Bottom