Looking to buy Wyandotte chicks

Rosekitten

Songster
6 Years
May 11, 2018
Rockingham, NC
I live in NC but I guess shipping is an option? I've looked through so many hatcheries today that my husband pointed out that I've non stop for at least 7 hours looked at chick hatcheries.. trying to find someone selling wyandotte chicks and not demanding I buy 15-30 of them. I live in city so I can't have 15 to 30 backyard hens.. haha. (yes they have to be hens)

I'm just to the point where I may have to give up really. The few hatcheries willing to let me buy 6 or 10 .. wants to charge 30$ plus shipping to cover a small order fee.. =/

Other hatcheries seem to have it flagged to where they won't be getting females in any time in the next year heh.

Mt Healthy has Silver and Gold Laced Wyandottes. Their minimum order is 3 chicks, but you will have to pay a small order fee. Small orders don't ship until April (I think?) when it warms up.
https://www.mthealthy.com/
Yeah that seems to be my best bet, though 30$ isn't what I call a small fee XD I would have ordered more like 5 or 6 chicks but at 30$ for a fee charge I'll stick to just 3 chicks heh.

a small fee
Ah! What they mean is a fee tacked on because you have a small order. But when you say "small order fee," it does sound like they think $30 is a mere snippet. Uh, no, not really. :rolleyes:

I did have to pay it for the chicks I want, as I only want a total of 4. But I really want those chicks, and I don't want 15, so yeah, I paid it.

Can you find someone to split an order with you?

Ah! What they mean is a fee tacked on because you have a small order. But when you say "small order fee," it does sound like they think $30 is a mere snippet. Uh, no, not really. :rolleyes:

I did have to pay it for the chicks I want, as I only want a total of 4. But I really want those chicks, and I don't want 15, so yeah, I paid it.

Can you find someone to split an order with you?
That would be an amazing idea if I knew anyone here that wanted chickens haha. People either have them (only hens so no chicks local to my little town area) or don't want them, cause it crossed my mind haha.

My husband thinks it'll be better to wait till spring to order, I don't see the prices going down on the chicks but hey.

That would be an amazing idea if I knew anyone here that wanted chickens haha. People either have them (only hens so no chicks local to my little town area) or don't want them, cause it crossed my mind haha.

My husband thinks it'll be better to wait till spring to order, I don't see the prices going down on the chicks but hey.
The only problem with that is they might sell out. I've already ordered mine, but they won't ship until mid-May.

The only problem with that is they might sell out. I've already ordered mine, but they won't ship until mid-May.
See I was a few clicks from ordering mine cause if I don't order them for the ones I was ordering I can get to come in next month. The next date would be in June haha. We're kind of in the talks of getting fertilized eggs but my concern is how many roos I'll end up having to give away with that.. and there are odds the eggs won't hatch.
Unlike chicks where you know they arrived alive and well, if you get a dud egg.. that's just tough cookies.

Back
Top Bottom