Looking for pics of juvenile (6 wks +/-) Rhode Island Reds

I am back. My 4 remaining chicks are now 10+ weeks along. Next Wed 6/5 they will be 11 weeks.

I am thinking I have one female but i also know that i really stink at guessing.

I have individual and group shots (these are mainly of them side by side eating). Since I will get more bang for my buck, i will post those first.

If you need to see individuals on any of them, please let me know.

As always, thank you for entertaining my queries.
I'm not seeing any cockerels.

I'm not seeing any cockerels.
Oh good grief. Lol.

What are the criteria you are looking for at this age??

When I look for differences... and this is purely based on nothing that resembles knowledge.... it is the triangle of feathers that is coming in on the rear in front of the tail.

Oh good grief. Lol.

What are the criteria you are looking for at this age??

When I look for differences... and this is purely based on nothing that resembles knowledge.... it is the triangle of feathers that is coming in on the rear in front of the tail.
Looking at comb and wattle development mostly. Cockerels would have massive combs at this age. Yours are all still very small. 12 weeks old is when cockerels start getting male feathers, but I don't see any.

Looking at comb and wattle development mostly. Cockerels would have massive combs at this age. Yours are all still very small. 12 weeks old is when cockerels start getting male feathers, but I don't see any.
I really forget about the wattles! All of these are wattleless for the most part. I will continue to stare at them for the next couple of weeks. Thank you for your help.

I'd guess that C is a cockerel, possibly D as well. The other 2 are hard to tell.
I was guessing D... that one is just.... DARKER... than the other 3... and those feathers right above the tail look.... wispy.

Oddly enough, this morning... I was guessing TWO pullets. 'A' was my designated pullet yesterday.

I guess I have a few more weeks of staring at them. Lol.

Thank you for your input!!!

Back
Top Bottom