Looking for Nankin sources.

Kelsykin

Formal Chicken
13 Years
Oct 10, 2009
USA
Anybody know of any place I can get chicks or hatching eggs? Use to have this breed and loved them. Had to sell due to a house fire and relocating 700 miles. I really miss these little beauties.

Thank you. Purely has them waitlisted. Most of the places I have tried that have the Rose Comb Nankins are waitlisted.

If you have a way to get them from Maryland (I can't ship because I'm not NPIP yet, just tested for 4H shows) I have a pair of 2017 roosters and a 2018 cockerel. None are quite show quality, but they are very close, and they are VERY friendly. I've even had them out walking on a leash!

The one on the left is Simpleton. He's a rose comb, and a very nice fellow. His only real fault is his very dark gray tail. Butterball, the one with the beautiful single comb, has all the right coloring for a Nankin ... about two shades too light. It's as if he has a "palomino" gene in there somewhere. Both are extremely friendly - and totally on alert in the picture because I have treats in one hand and a funny, clicking box (the camera) in the other ... and they want to know what's up!
I don't have any adult pictures of Jackson, our 2018 cockerel but he resembles Simpleton. He's a very pretty little boy.
Simpleton Bball2.jpg

Anybody know of any place I can get chicks or hatching eggs? Use to have this breed and loved them. Had to sell due to a house fire and relocating 700 miles. I really miss these little beauties.
Did you ever find your Nankins? I am downsizing the 4H flock (my little showers are growing up!) so I have two rose-comb breeding pairs and three nice young roosters that need to move along. They're one and two years old - all late Spring hatches - and really nice birds. One of our roos (who is not for sale) took Best in Show at the Cecil County Fair, last year, over about 400 birds, and they're all related to him.
The kicker problem I have is that, being 4H, we,re not NPIP, just tested regularly for AI/pullorum ... so we can't ship.

Back
Top Bottom