Living life on the edge (of the incubator) hatch-a-long

I'm beginning to feel like I'm going to fall over the edge this time around. Not a single pip yet. I'm beginning to think I messed up my hatch calendar or something else really bad. I worry about each and every little life I'm responsible for.
Things do happen, but I hope they are just taking their sweet time :hugs

I don't have any Brahmas or Cochins "Yet". That doesn't mean I'm not. I want to get close enough to the edge to get some purebred Indio Gigante birds. Some high quality Aseels too. Chicken Math will be the end of me yet.
Chicken math is getting me too, but... it's so much fun!

I had looked into Indio Gigantes but decided to hold off on them, they are so cool though! The Aseels too, beautiful!

Right now I'm working on finding out the hard way what happens when you put eggs in lock down 5 days to soon. From now on I've got to have my better half watching the calendar with me. I know what I did and how I messed up so bad. It was my intentions to have the hatch a week after the one before but something delayed my setting the eggs by 5 days. I keep the humidity in the 60's and 70's. I may have drowned them all or par boiled them. The new hatch date is the 19th. Someone please slip me a Mickey so I can sleep tonight and not think about what a stupid mistake I made.

Right now I'm working on finding out the hard way what happens when you put eggs in lock down 5 days to soon. From now on I've got to have my better half watching the calendar with me. I know what I did and how I messed up so bad. It was my intentions to have the hatch a week after the one before but something delayed my setting the eggs by 5 days. I keep the humidity in the 60's and 70's. I may have drowned them all or par boiled them. The new hatch date is the 19th. Someone please slip me a Mickey so I can sleep tonight and not think about what a stupid mistake I made.

You should not feel bad for caring so much, and making an error. I'm confident they'll be fine, they are much more resilient than we think :hugs

You should not feel bad for caring so much, and making an error. I'm confident they'll be fine, they are much more resilient than we think :hugs
I sure hope so. After we try and pick the best shaped eggs that will make it easier for the little ones to break out of and I go and do a huge mistake like this. All the checking temps and humidity.............. to give them the best possible chance of hatching.... If I've ever made a mistake this stupid I do not remember it..

I sure hope so. After we try and pick the best shaped eggs that will make it easier for the little ones to break out of and I go and do a huge mistake like this. All the checking temps and humidity.............. to give them the best possible chance of hatching.... If I've ever made a mistake this stupid I do not remember it..

Hoping the best for you:fl

Back
Top Bottom