Living life on the edge (of the incubator) hatch-a-long

I talk to them what they're in lockdown too. But you know that, because you had already predicted I would when Heartbreak-her was pipping early!
I remember. ❤ I can't wait for your next hatch! 😊 I find it difficult NOT to talk and sing to them in the egg. :p

I remember. ❤ I can't wait for your next hatch! 😊 I find it difficult NOT to talk and sing to them in the egg. :p

I remember saying that there was no way I would talk to them, since I didn't want then getting used to humans much. You knew better than that🤣! I do miss her now, we didn't have the most special bond ever, what connected me to her was the fact that she was the first ever chick to hatch on my property. Going to the incubator in the morning, and seeing her little yellow, slightly wet face looking at me made me so happy. I knew that even if the hatch wasn't going to turn out a massive hit, I at least managed to hatch one chick, after wanting to produce birds from my stock for years.

Honestly, same. I am still counting the days. Less than three weeks left before starting the preparations

I remember saying that there was no way I would talk to them, since I didn't want then getting used to humans much. You knew better than that🤣! I do miss her now, we didn't have the most special bond ever, what connected me to her was the fact that she was the first ever chick to hatch on my property. Going to the incubator in the morning, and seeing her little yellow, slightly wet face looking at me made me so happy. I knew that even if the hatch wasn't going to turn out a massive hit, I at least managed to hatch one chick, after wanting to produce birds from my stock for years.

Honestly, same. I am still counting the days. Less than three weeks left before starting the preparations
Your first hatch and especially the first chick that hatches leaves a huge impression on your heart. Hatching is so magical, and seeing that first face staring at you is mind blowing stuff. I am SO sorry she is gone, :hugs it's hard enough to lose birds but Heartbreak-her was your special girl, I know. :hugs :hugs

Your first hatch and especially the first chick that hatches leaves a huge impression on your heart. Hatching is so magical, and seeing that first face staring at you is mind blowing stuff. I am SO sorry she is gone, :hugs it's hard enough to lose birds but Heartbreak-her was your special girl, I know. :hugs :hugs

Very well put. She was one of the specials. Cruella will always be my number one, but she's not the only bird I'm close to. Heartbreak-her grew into a pretty pullet, not anything remarkable conformationaly. She was rather bulky. Her looks didn't play a part in me liking her. She was my first "bred-by" (as the dog people say it), and that's why she was dear to me. Thank you TwoCrows :hugs

Very well put. She was one of the specials. Cruella will always be my number one, but she's not the only bird I'm close to. Heartbreak-her grew into a pretty pullet, not anything remarkable conformationaly. She was rather bulky. Her looks didn't play a part in me liking her. She was my first "bred-by" (as the dog people say it), and that's why she was dear to me. Thank you TwoCrows :hugs
I’d love to see a pic of her 🥰

I’d love to see a pic of her 🥰

She had a lovely pattern. In her last few month(s?) before her passing she got a second name, Béchamel-Fleur, after I was particularly stupid one day and forgot she already had a name. The second name is from a BYC member suggestion. She will be missed
20230827_160421.jpg
20231227_151232.jpg

Hatching is so amazing, I'm looking forward to your next hatch 😁

Back
Top Bottom