Living life on the edge (of the incubator) hatch-a-long

Pics
Wow, where'd you come up with that? That is awesome! ❤️
I wanted to be able to separate the eggs as I wanted, I was going to find some little plastic basket things with holes, but my friend suggested carpet canvas. So I got plastic canvas, the 10 holes / inch sheets from Amazon then cut things to fit and zip tied it all together. It will be reusable, I can clean and sanitize it. I'm thinking the holes in the bottom will provide enough toe grips. If not, I'll find a way to get thay drawer liner added. I was trying to keep it good for air flow, grip, and cleanability.

I chose to go with the cartons for my 7 shipped eggs, just in case... I'm super anxious to hatch these perfectly, they are from a show breeder :ya

I wanted to be able to separate the eggs as I wanted, I was going to find some little plastic basket things with holes, but my friend suggested carpet canvas. So I got plastic canvas, the 10 holes / inch sheets from Amazon then cut things to fit and zip tied it all together. It will be reusable, I can clean and sanitize it. I'm thinking the holes in the bottom will provide enough toe grips. If not, I'll find a way to get thay drawer liner added. I was trying to keep it good for air flow, grip, and cleanability.
That's a great idea.😉

Those baskets are a fabulous idea!!! This will definitely stop the "chicks go bowling" competition at hatch too. 🤣

Good morning eggies!! Grace, we are waiting to see you!

I Love You Hearts GIF by Chippy the Dog

Lockdown has begun!

Wish me luck trying to keep them straight as they hatch 🤣 only the one splash egg looked a little suspect, everyone else looked great :celebrate this is about half capacity of the egg turners, not sure how twice the eggs would cram in here for hatching 🤣
View attachment 3747325
:celebrateLockdown! Come on little chickies, we'll be waiting to see you! :pop:jumpy

Back
Top Bottom