Living life on the edge (of the incubator) hatch-a-long

Pics
I'm just wanting a confirmation on my assumption, if I can't see growth tomorrow, or even today for thay matter, they are clears and need removed? I know, but I have this huge worry that I'll be throwing out a good egg, even though I know if I can't see veins by now, there's no way they will magically hatch...
I candle on day 10 because by that point it's better to see without a doubt which eggs are quitters. I don't want to risk throwing out a good egg. 😊

I'm just wanting a confirmation on my assumption, if I can't see growth tomorrow, or even today for thay matter, they are clears and need removed? I know, but I have this huge worry that I'll be throwing out a good egg, even though I know if I can't see veins by now, there's no way they will magically hatch...
If they aren't obviously what I call a "lava lamp", ie., lights are on but nobody's home, then I put a question mark on it.

That way, when I candle the next time, it can make the decision easier.

I was just thinking that! Then I saw we're not even in the same country much less within driving distance lol. Well, there's always Zoom! 🤷‍♀️
I’ll be in the US this summer but unfortunately not in your area, or else I’d start scheming and making plans for a 7th incubator…!

I’ll be in the US this summer but unfortunately not in your area, or else I’d start scheming and making plans for a 7th incubator…!
Oh heck ya! Change your plans! This would be wild! You two could whip up a few of them and we'll ship one back to you and Tink and whoever else! :highfive:

OK what is it with that groundhog and Phil stuff? I have absolutely no clue what's happening:lau
This should explain it. I looked for something short and sweet.

https://www.weather.gov/phi/GroundHogHistory

And then there was the movie...

groundhog day.png

Oh heck ya! Change your plans! This would be wild! You two could whip up a few of them and we'll ship one back to you and Tink and whoever else! :highfive:
🤣 Hey, even if neither of us feel like driving for an entire day I'd (genuinely) be interested in collaborating virtually on a wiring system for an incubator. I'd love to add information on that to the incubator article I'm re-writing now. :pop

OK what is it with that groundhog and Phil stuff? I have absolutely no clue what's happening:lau
So, in a groundhog hole (aka: in a nutshell...) February 2nd in the US is Groundhog Day, I can't remember how this started, but the tradition goes that if a groundhog comes out of his hole on Feb 2nd and sees his shadow then there are 6 more weeks of winter, if he doesn't see his shadow, then there will be an early spring. Punxsutawney Phil is the "famous" groundhog who lives in Punxsatawney Pennsylvania and there is a Punxsatawney Groundhog Club and they make a huge celebration of it. They were fancy suits and top hats and basically have a massive party waiting for Phil to see, or not see, his shadow.

Just as a funny, Punxsatawney is a very small town, but if you need to travel to the area around Feb 2nd, good luck finding a hotel room in any town within two hours. People come in from all over for this 🤣

Back
Top Bottom