Living life on the edge (of the incubator) hatch-a-long

Pics
Can you believe it?
We're on day six!
Please read this article
On development of chicks!

Day 6

Hours 120 to 144

The dark spot on the embryo is the eye, you can just make it out.

The beak has begun to form. The vitelline membrane continues to grow and is now surrounding more than half the yolk. Fissura (small clefts) form between the second and third fingers of the lower limbs, and between the first, second and third fingers of the upper limbs. The eye is much more prominent, as are the heart and brain. Voluntary movement begins; the embryo can now move at will.

Can you believe it?
We're on day six!
Please read this article
On development of chicks!

Day 6

Hours 120 to 144

The dark spot on the embryo is the eye, you can just make it out.

The beak has begun to form. The vitelline membrane continues to grow and is now surrounding more than half the yolk. Fissura (small clefts) form between the second and third fingers of the lower limbs, and between the first, second and third fingers of the upper limbs. The eye is much more prominent, as are the heart and brain. Voluntary movement begins; the embryo can now move at will.
Day 6! :woot

Good morning eggies!! Grace and Zen, time to rise, shine and grow!!

Happy Good Morning GIF by DINOSALLY

Well, I went to hand turn the couple eggies that need it and yall didn't show up in force to stop me, so I peaked in the Ermine, GN, and most of the SFH eggies... I'm not seeing any development in any GN or Ermine eggs, and none in most of the SFH eggs. They have been down graded from eggies, to eggs... they were laid during our insane cold snap, so I'm not too surprised. It just means that I have to do another hatch, soon, with some laid in warmer weather! I don't think there are other factors at play as the Lavender Ameraucana Bantams are growing great! I think they were a bit more protected from the cold too, so the eggies likely stayed eggies instead of chilling to eggs. Tomorrow is still the extra bright light check of them and sorting out of the clears. I'm not disappointed, I knew (we all knew 🤣) the risks on mid-winter, extremely cold weather, eggies!

Day 6! :woot

Good morning eggies!! Grace and Zen, time to rise, shine and grow!!

Happy Good Morning GIF by DINOSALLY
I'm just wanting a confirmation on my assumption, if I can't see growth tomorrow, or even today for thay matter, they are clears and need removed? I know, but I have this huge worry that I'll be throwing out a good egg, even though I know if I can't see veins by now, there's no way they will magically hatch...

I'm just wanting a confirmation on my assumption, if I can't see growth tomorrow, or even today for thay matter, they are clears and need removed? I know, but I have this huge worry that I'll be throwing out a good egg, even though I know if I can't see veins by now, there's no way they will magically hatch...
I usually remove clears on day 7, day 8 at the latest. Depends on the egg color, on light eggs that are easy to see through, clears are so obvious, so day 7 on those. Mottled or darker eggs I give an extra day just in case I am possibly not seeing them well enough.

Sorry about the eggs that aren't developing. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom