Living life on the edge (of the incubator) hatch-a-long

Pics
I'm glad you're not a golfer!

I've only seen the competitions on TV, but the trainer I watched working sheep was this amazing old guy, to look at him you wouldn't think much, but apparently he was a top trainer for a long time. I knew him when he was quite up there in age.

I know of a really popular trainer up in FL, loads of people use him to train their dogs for the AKC herding competitions.

I'm glad you're not a golfer!

I've only seen the competitions on TV, but the trainer I watched working sheep was this amazing old guy, to look at him you wouldn't think much, but apparently he was a top trainer for a long time. I knew him when he was quite up there in age.
Can he teach me to herd my chickens? They are fast af lol. I look ridiculous trying to herd them with arms wide open and doing some weird crab type run. 🤣

Dad Uses Leaf Blower To Herd Chickens Back To Yard GIF by ViralHog

Goals

Goals

I actually do something like this. I take a big stick and hit it on the ground when it's time to round them up for bedtime (although I'll be honest, sometimes I'm too much of a couch potato, and I just wait till they've already roosted in the coop to close the door). They all know it means it's time to go inside. Kolovos, my top boy knows this very well, and takes his hens in the coop within seconds. The youngsters are learning slowly but surely...

Can someone please write an article on how to open your incubator but resist the urge to candle!?!?!?! Aim it directly at me, because this temptation is real and I can't overcome it, and once I start, I have trouble stopping 😳

As you know, I have eggs riding the NR360 carousel, so I am turning those by hand 2 or 3 times a day. I just went on down to the basement to give them a little turnsey-poo, and the NR360 candler is just right there, literally in my face, just so helpful and beconning, I mean, it's D3, and life can be seen on D3... these eggs aren't likely to have growth anyway, being pullet eggs, stored in a container for up to 14 days... I mean, what's it going to hurt?

I tried to resist, a truly valiant effort on my part, but my finger just had a mind of its own and poked the candler button, I couldn't stop it! I carefully pulled a little eggie off the carousel and gave it a look-see, nothing, but I wasn't surprised... and then, once you look at one, you kinda have to keep going... so I pick up the next eggie and take a little peak. OH MY GOSH!!! It's ALIVE!!!! I have a risky little eggie who is defying the odds and growing!!!!! :wee :eek: :eek::highfive:

I was almost tearing up in the basement, it's growing!!!! Oh my goodness, so amazing! I know it has a ways to go, but this is so super special. I have this egg marked as possibly one from a pullet I have since lost. I am so ridiculously eggcited

Happy Tears Cry GIF by Farmer Wants A Wife

Back
Top Bottom