Little mutt bird, any guesses on sex?

Quote:
X2. I'm at a loss lol
roll.png

Thanks everyone!

Mom is definitely a leghorn, as those are the only ones we have that don't lay dark eggs. We have several colors though so I couldn't speak to which one it would be. After reading the replies- there is also a Silver Spangled Hamburg rooster, though we thought he had "retired" from his rooster duties as he is much older and we haven't seen him making any attempts at the hens in awhile. Would that make more sense with the interesting comb type though?

We don't have any silkies and there definitely aren't any roosters except for those two..

And yes, he has yellow earlobes- I thought this was normal with leghorns? Did I make that up?

Thanks again for all the input!

I, too, am going to say pullet. That posture in the first pick looks like a pullet hunching down on her hocks. Hope we're right!
fl.gif
*unless you were wanting a roo???*

By request, here are some pictures of the comb. The little brownish dot is a lighter part of the comb, maybe just starting to come in or something?

108150_p1040194.jpg

108150_p1040195.jpg

108150_p1040196.jpg

It is very tiny and very dark.

When the chick hatched it had all black skin, but now it is yellow on the bottom of its feet, which seems to be spreading onto the tops of the feet now too.

Thanks again to everyone who is helping me guess! This is fun
smile.png

It's a pullet. Leghorns and Lakenvelders are both large-combed breeds, so by now on a cockerel you would see some development. Unless it's a weird slow-developing one, they happen on occasion.

x2 - I have a Lekenvelder Rooster that's 10 weeks old now, and at 6 weeks his comb was twice the size of the pullets. He is so funny, now he is starting to crow. What an awful sound! I thought someone was blowing one of those plastic horns this morning and it was the Rooster!
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom