LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Thank you. Yeah, I went in to lock up the coop Sunday night, and he was stiff on the floor under the roost. I buried him in the garden yesterday. And cried -- hard! -- as I did.
It never gets easier when they pass. We get so attached to them. They really know how to nest in our hearts, it certainly is shattering when they pass. :hugs

I'm doing ok. I see feathers he shed in the coop/run, and I get a gut clench. I know they're his because he was the only one with such snowy white feathers.

Thanks for asking.

It takes time, but even then it's painful. Don't feel afraid to vent if you need to
grouphug2.gif

Thank you. Yeah, I went in to lock up the coop Sunday night, and he was stiff on the floor under the roost. I buried him in the garden yesterday. And cried -- hard! -- as I did.
Yeah my heart really goes out to you. He lived a good life im sure. :hugs I’ve found my fair share of birds stiff in the bottom of the coop for various reasons and I know that for whatever reason it’s especially gut wrenching. Like others have said feel free to vent

Back
Top Bottom