LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Don't you understand that I am advocating for everyone. Please reread what I have wrote.
What are you "advocating" for? Who is "everyone"?

I just feel as though "groups" that are personal, often bring about the things we don't want.
Is there some research somewhere that correlates with your feelings on this "personal groups" issue? I'm pretty sure having a community of people who share your life experiences - whether it's being a Christian, LGBTQ, an artist, a vegan, (all of those groups exist on BYC and none of them have to do specifically with chickens), etc - is BENEFICIAL to one's well-being. What are the "things WE don't want"?? You keep using terms like "everyone" and "we". Who are you referring to?

This group has been here for 3 years. The only unwanted thing it's brought is people who can't seem to restrain themselves from commenting their dislike for it. Like, no one is forcing you to be here. You aren't required to voice your opinion on the group. Just keep scrolling if you aren't interested in the topic (just like you would with literally EVERY other thread you DON'T comment on).

Some of the people here don't even have family or friends to talk to about their experiences, and yet there's this little place here on BYC where they can come and be understood, validated, and supported. Can you imagine how much that might mean to someone? THAT'S who I'm advocating for. I dont know who "we" is in your statement, but I'M ecstatic this group exists.
🩶🖤🤎🧡💛💚💙💜

What are you "advocating" for? Who is "everyone"?

Is there some research somewhere that correlates with your feelings on this "personal groups" issue? I'm pretty sure having a community of people who share your life experiences - whether it's being a Christian, LGBTQ, an artist, a vegan, (all of those groups exist on BYC and none of them have to do specifically with chickens), etc - is BENEFICIAL to one's well-being. What are the "things WE don't want"?? You keep using terms like "everyone" and "we". Who are you referring to?

This group has been here for 3 years. The only unwanted thing it's brought is people who can't seem to restrain themselves from commenting their dislike for it. Like, no one is forcing you to be here. You aren't required to voice your opinion on the group. Just keep scrolling if you aren't interested in the topic (just like you would with literally EVERY other thread you DON'T comment on).

Some of the people here don't even have family or friends to talk to about their experiences, and yet there's this little place here on BYC where they can come and be understood, validated, and supported. Can you imagine how much that might mean to someone? THAT'S who I'm advocating for. I dont know who "we" is in your statement, but I'M ecstatic this group exists.
🩶🖤🤎🧡💛💚💙💜
Okay, I give up, you win. You are coming from a completely different place than I, and because you don’t understand where I am coming from…you seem angry. The purpose/goal of this group is to share experiences, ideas, education, and help each other with our chickens, ducks, etc…If I am male, female, black, white, Asian, gay, transgender, etc….it really doesn’t matter as it relates to the purpose of the group. If I live in North Dakota as opposed to Florida, this would be a good reason to talk with a group, because the challenges associated would be different. This is where I am coming from.

Okay, I give up, you win. You are coming from a completely different place than I, and because you don’t understand where I am coming from…you seem angry. The purpose/goal of this group is to share experiences, ideas, education, and help each other with our chickens, ducks, etc…If I am male, female, black, white, Asian, gay, transgender, etc….it really doesn’t matter as it relates to the purpose of the group. If I live in North Dakota as opposed to Florida, this would be a good reason to talk with a group, because the challenges associated would be different. This is where I am coming from.
Then you would go to the thread for North Dakota. Not to mention this group is in Random Ramblings, which is a forum for things unrelated to poultry.

Back
Top Bottom