LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

The ducklings had their first bath! It was mostly just standing deep water but I made sure it was warm for them. Then I used the hair dryer on low and at a distance to help keep them warm as they preened themselves. It was so cute!
It’s so cute how birds react to warm hairdryers, I’ve had two hens just fluff up and fall asleep, though one of them did get quite mad when I stopped

I hope you all are having a better week than I am.

Yesterday I had a customer take it upon herself to reach in and grab the chicks she wanted to buy instead of asking one of us to get them for her. We have signs up in that area stating along the lines of 'For the health and safety of the chicks, please do not touch them'
The lead cashier got pissed off about it when she overheard me telling my co-worker about it.
I told them the name of the customer in case she did it again but I don't know if it helps.

I hope you all are having a better week than I am.

Yesterday I had a customer take it upon herself to reach in and grab the chicks she wanted to buy instead of asking one of us to get them for her. We have signs up in that area stating along the lines of 'For the health and safety of the chicks, please do not touch them'
The lead cashier got pissed off about it when she overheard me telling my co-worker about it.
I told them the name of the customer in case she did it again but I don't know if it helps.
Woah, that’s not okay and she had to have known that too. Hopefully that’s not something you have to deal with very often.

Woah, that’s not okay and she had to have known that too. Hopefully that’s not something you have to deal with very often.
From what I was told, it's a rare thing to happen.
The only reason I knew she did it is because not only was the box unmarked(no sku numbers written), she confessed it as she was showing me photos she took of the sku numbers.

And now my week just got worse. Not sure what I did wrong or if I did anything wrong since I did the same thing I did last year but we just went from 14 chicks to 4 chicks within a few days. Didn't mention before because yesterday we were at 12 chicks.
None had anything wrong with them and I even put Sav-A-Chick packets in their water daily with plain water aside like I usually do every year.
I always check them in the early mornings before work, late mornings on days off, and evening before I go to bed.
I made sure they were warm enough each day.
Food was checked every morning and night. Added more when needed.
Had some grit set aside near food if needed.
All of them got along perfectly.
All ranged between 1 week to 4/5 weeks old.

Got my pins and buttons on my bag!!
20220324_124637.jpg
20220324_124645.jpg
20220324_124651.jpg
20220324_124700.jpg

Back
Top Bottom