LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Not sure if it answers your question but this is what I found for the Lesbian one:
Dark orange for "gender non-conformity", orange for "independence", white for "unique relationships to womanhood", pink for "serenity and peace", and dark rose for "femininity".
That is so cool. I'll never remember all of it, but I like it anyway. Wear those proudly and happily.

I guess I thought the pins were to help others know what to call you.
Sorry I I guess that I assumed I had already posted about them and what they were.

Here's a link to the Etsy store where I got the pronoun pin and a picture of what it looks like: https://www.etsy.com/listing/701595992/pronoun-pins-she-her-she-they-he-him-he

il_1140xN.3257121466_8qsw.jpg

Also yesterday, my family and my older brother's fiancée went to go take a look around the house that we might end up buying. It's still in town but more in a spot where roosters are allowed(if that gives you an idea).
It's much closer to our grandmother's house so we'll be able to still take care of her if needed. Luckily, our great-grandmother is living with her temporary so that she's not alone.

The chicken coop that needs fixing has 12 nesting boxes!! The run attached to it needs a lot of work as it's just a chain link fence so I might either add hardware cloth or just remove it and build a new one, considering the small size.

I'm hopeful that we get this house because it has a medium/large barn and a large shop where my dad and I can build/work on stuff.

Again, this house is on 2 acres. That gives us more than the 1/8 acre that we currently live on.

Sorry for crossing out the street but I didn't want to risk anything.

2 Acre.png

Ignorant question... Do those specific color patterns have a specific meaning? :oops:

I guess I thought the pins were to help others know what to call you.

(Stepping in to try to help. Someone correct me if I am wrong).

Pronoun pins are to help people use the correct pronouns. Colorful pins are variations on the pride flag. The standard rainbow pride flag represents membership, pride, and/or support of the entire lgbtq+ community. There are also other specific color combos or ‘flags’ that represent specific identities within that broader community, such as non-binary, transgender, or lesbian. Even though not everyone will instantly recognize or understand the variations on the pride flag, wearing those colors allows people to express and show pride in their unique identity.

Pronoun pins are to help people use the correct pronouns
That is what I assumed we'd be seeing.
The ones with letters/words for the uninformed.

Colorful pins are variations on the pride flag.
The ones without letters/words for 'club members' who get it already.

That is what I assumed we'd be seeing.
The ones with letters/words for the uninformed.

The ones without letters/words for 'club members' who get it already.
Not everyrthing expressive has to be to educate people who don't know. Maybe they just feel more confident and proud wearing colors of their people. I wear lots of obscure band shirts that may confuse some people. Should I worry about that? Or jsut wear what I like/makes me feel good?

I feel a little bad for our younger ducks. They're now 4 months old as of today and Colonel has been chasing them like crazy to mate with them. I had to put him in a separate yard to calm him down for a few hours and to give the females a break.
Meanwhile, our 2 year old and 1 year old ducks are jealous of them as Colonel won't mate with them.

Back
Top Bottom