LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Those are awesome!

Yeah, "you guys" is like it's lost its gender, but not really. I find myself addressing groups as "guys," even though I know there are both sexes present. I've tried to switch to "people" and I usually do pretty well at remembering.

I know someone in his 60s who uses the work "folks," which sounds ok coming from him, but maybe not from someone in their 20s or 30s...?
When I was a restaurant worker I always used “folks” when addressing guests :)

Weirdly enough, our ducks seem to be back to normal 🤔
They aren't attacking their drake, Colonel, anymore.
I had kept Colonel locked up by himself for a few days to prevent any more fights and now that they're back together, everyone is acting normal.

Also after having to lock everyone up to prevent them from laying in my dad's shed, the layers stopped laying. They were getting oyster shells along with the flock raiser. They stopped after we got some cooler weather so I'm thinking that they're mistaking it as break time.

I need to get photos but I'm very excited to share that despite how small they are, Runt is growing! I was scared that they wouldn't survive long and kept track of their size and weight. Their crop is also full at night so that's a plus!
Runt also loves to annoy the adult hens, which is funny to watch. Really funny to me because it's a tiny duckling bothering big, adult chickens.

Ignore the background. I hadn't put the board back up.

Mouse(white hen) and Bellatrix finally showed the meat babies how to roost. Although, I'd prefer if they were next to them instead of underneath but whatever 🤷‍♀️

Bellatrix growled and screeched at me to leave 🤦‍♀️:lol:

20210818_202434.jpg
20210818_202441.jpg

Back
Top Bottom