LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

My day is going bad.
We nearly lost a hen because someone didn't lock the main gate and the hen wandered into the front where the road is. I got her back but it scared me.
The shipped eggs I'm expecting have been delayed, which probably means no hatching.
That's a crummy day. Sorry to hear it. Perhaps it would help to take one of your feather-babies and give them some gentle little rubs on the side of their neck, just where their neck meets their head? My quail love it. I'll bet some chickens must love it too. There's something about delighting them with little rubs that seems to melt all my troubles away. Maybe it's not the right cure for yours, but maybe? Can't hurt, anyhow!

Last edited:
Hey! Wanted to drop by and say hey to all my LBGT freinds and show off my 4 young gals! Missed y'all! :love
IMG_2184 (002).jpg

These partridge rocks are almost all jerk babies and have been moved to the “for sale” bin. It’s been like UFC in the brooder, they peck at another birds nostril and then won’t let go. I’ve never had such aggressive chicks.

I. Have. No. Time. For. That.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I will say these are some of the most robust chicks I’ve had. They won’t tell you these days what day of the week your order will ship due to the postal service and covid delays. So I’m pretty sure the birds have been in a box since Monday anyway, just sitting ready to go. But like I said, they were clearly loaded with gro gel in the box and it’s crazy how even the notoriously weak polish are bouncing off the walls of the brooder.

Soo, totally unrelated to this thread but due to the high traffic we have a great Pyrenees tied up next door that could be a great LGD for someone. Owner is willing to surrender it after seeing how well we work with their failed Malinois project. We can work on transport if we are able to find a family for it. He will require someone who will fully vet him as I know not a single dollar was spent for that. He is a very kind and gentle dog as we have met him through the fence often, and my wife met him tonight on the street and likes the guy too.

Broody on the Roost!!
So, not broody anymore :fl
im following your broody advice I have I don't even know how many broads I have right now and more on the way. I think there's at least three officially sitting, and at least two more clucking on the ground about to start.

I left my meat bird holdover on her fake nest for too long, but it's done her good. I think she has probably lost at least 30% of her weight. She looks virtually streamlined compared to her sister, and, she is still not too boney. She is the first to go into the broody breaker.

I have MISERABLE luck putting chicks under broodies, so, they're all getting broken.

Back
Top Bottom