LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

These polish are too dang funny. I’ve been sending my friends personal memes today so I figured I should leave one here.

FFC4E7B0-4356-4B6E-95DC-64F959E1B07D.jpeg

I'm sorry but who am I looking at? The chick or the dude? Yall are both pretty noteworthy.:gigI would post pictures of myself but I look like "Thing" from the munsters/adams family right now as I shelter in place. This guy:

All levity aside since you are keeping polish please be aware of our winter hawk migration with a less than sighted bantam breed. I really have to trim my silkie crowns down starting in October-Feb. That was for @jolenesdad

Last edited:
These polish are too dang funny. I’ve been sending my friends personal memes today so I figured I should leave one here.

View attachment 2268874
Your chick there looks like a supervillain with a unnaturally enlarged mega-brain and superhuman intelligence. Pretty sure this chick is plotting their impending world-domination scheme. Better watch out for that one.

I'm sorry but who am I looking at? The chick or the dude? Yall are both pretty noteworthy.:gigI would post pictures of myself but I look like "Thing" from the munsters/adams family right now as I shelter in place. This guy:

All levity aside since you are keeping polish please be aware of our winter hawk migration with a less than sighted bantam breed. I really have to trim my silkie crowns down starting in October-Feb.
You’re too sweet.

yeah I’ve been thinking I’ll trim them, but also, I’m going to keep them semi enclosed I think.

I’ve been keeping the baby geese in the backyard. My dogs love them and so do all of us. When we move, thinking we will build a more pet flock coop and large fenced area that shares a fence with our backyard for the favorite birds to be close. They can be out when we or the dogs are out.

currently the chicken area gets far too much hawk pressure. I lose a bird every several months and the hawks are always around. I think I’ve lost 4/5 this year, but I’ve had hundreds of bird through. I have zero snake problems, so it is what it is. I wouldn’t trust the hawks with the Polish here. So for now they’ll probably grow up in a predator proof area.

my LGD is proving to be more farm dog than LGD. My son wouldn’t want her anywhere but by his side and she seems to want that too. So my dreams of a hawk guardian LGD is dashed for now.

You’re too sweet.

yeah I’ve been thinking I’ll trim them, but also, I’m going to keep them semi enclosed I think.

I’ve been keeping the baby geese in the backyard. My dogs love them and so do all of us. When we move, thinking we will build a more pet flock coop and large fenced area that shares a fence with our backyard for the favorite birds to be close. They can be out when we or the dogs are out.

currently the chicken area gets far too much hawk pressure. I lose a bird every several months and the hawks are always around. I think I’ve lost 4/5 this year, but I’ve had hundreds of bird through. I have zero snake problems, so it is what it is. I wouldn’t trust the hawks with the Polish here. So for now they’ll probably grow up in a predator proof area.

my LGD is proving to be more farm dog than LGD. My son wouldn’t want her anywhere but by his side and she seems to want that too. So my dreams of a hawk guardian LGD is dashed for now.
My solution to hawks have been my predator savvy chicken. They fly and are my Sumatra. To date it is Sumatra 1 Hawk 0 after 3 years. The self goal by the hawk was slamming into our house trying to get a Sumatra. The silkies have endured horrible losses but breed like roaches.

Back
Top Bottom