Lethargic hen

fivelittlehens1

In the Brooder
Sep 6, 2022
I have a 2 year old olive egger that has been lethargic for the last few days. At first I thought it was due to overcast weather and she might’ve been cold. She has been standing with her feathers puffed up with her tail down and will occasionally close her eyes as if she is sleepy. She has been cleaning her self so I feel that’s a good sign. The weather cleared up one day and she was bathing in the dirt bath. I’ve been checking her crop throughout the day and it has been soft. She ate some fresh corn with her flock yesterday and has been drinking some water.I checked for mites around her vent area and everything looked ok and clean. She also has not laid for a while I felt around her abdomen and couldn’t feel an egg. She is usually very vocal and talks to me but has been quiet since this has started. Where do I start? Any replies would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Photo was taken right after she woke up.

Attachments

• EB3D9AD5-C174-4FA6-AF77-17C812F4F974.jpeg
    EB3D9AD5-C174-4FA6-AF77-17C812F4F974.jpeg
    665 KB · Views: 51
Hello! Can you dose her with calcium citrate? You can get it at a local pharmacy or Walmart.

Have you noticed excessive feathers in coop? I have a hen that behaved that way and then started molting.

How is she eating?

Back
Top Bottom