Legbar questions

Pekin747

Songster
Feb 20, 2019
Ireland
So I just got my four legbar pol pullets
I have kept silver legbars in the past but decided to try cream legbars
Can legbars have no Crest as one of mine doesn't the breeder I fot them of gave it to me for a bit less after a bit of arguing but now I'm wondering if theres a crested and non crested type?

They should be crested and as this is standard, a non crested bird shouldn’t be bred from. Are they/you sure she’s a Legbar?

I have hatched a few without crests. You have to select well when breeding. Some just pump out eggs and chicks with no thought of the breed standard. I am several generations deep in my legbars and still get a non crested chick come up from time to time. Last year’s cockerel I selected threw several pullets with poor crests. You should still get your pretty blue eggs and i am guessing since you bought pullets at POL then you are not interested in breeding, all is well.

I have hatched a few without crests. You have to select well when breeding. Some just pump out eggs and chicks with no thought of the breed standard. I am several generations deep in my legbars and still get a non crested chick come up from time to time. Last year’s cockerel I selected threw several pullets with poor crests. You should still get your pretty blue eggs and i am guessing since you bought pullets at POL then you are not interested in breeding, all is well.
Thanx no Interest in breed them will be using them in my cross line
If I posted a couple pics of the 2 better ones could u tell me if they r off good quality?
Cause I'd like to get a few opinions on them

I bred them for 5 years and never had a none crested one. Its not impossible though I'd say. I had of this years 4 Spangled Russian Orloffs not grow beards and that's never happened to me before.

Back
Top Bottom