layer Turkey Sitting on eggs

since 8 days my layers Turkey sitting on eggs . not eating well not moving at all not drinking much water.. what to do ?
Many people get concerned about their broody hens. It is a very rare case when the broody hen is not actually getting off of the nest to eat, drink and relieve herself.

Do not put food and water near the nest because they can be attractants to vermin and other unwanted guests. It also can cause the broody to not get her necessary exercise.

It is common for broodies to not eat as much as normal but they still manage to eat and drink enough to get them through their incubation time.

If you aren't seeing the hen feeding and drinking, set up a game/trail camera and you will see that she is doing what she needs to do.

The fact that she is alive proves that she is eating and drinking sufficiently to keep herself going.

thanks for your quick reply
sir, my turkey is layers turkey and could it be able to hatch eggs .. while layers turkey produce eggs without male turkey...??

i mean my turkey egg is without a sexual male. can it be fertile . while the turkey is sitting on eggs for the last 10 days?

i mean my turkey egg is without a sexual male. can it be fertile . while the turkey is sitting on eggs for the last 10 days?
While turkeys can reproduce by parthenogenesis (reproduction without fertilization), it is rare. Even when they did the study and selectively bred turkeys for the trait the number that actually survived long enough to hatch was less than 2%. When parthenogenesis occurs in turkeys, only male offspring are produced.

The odds of your turkey being able to actually hatch any of those eggs are next to none.

You have two options, you can either break her of being broody or try to get some fertile eggs from someone else to give to her.

Back
Top Bottom