Large Brown Eggs

Hello & welcome,
I'm not sure exactly which breeds lay the largest per the experts, however, Delaware & Welsummers lay pretty big eggs. My birds are 2 yr, old and their eggs have gotten larger over time. The Henderson chicken chart might be of use to you, good luck, Sue

Thank you, Sue! You inspired me to have a nice educational conversation with the manager of one local feed store.
Thank you, as well, BGMatt! The local feed store will receive first shipment next month which will include Delaware, Rhode Island Red as well as the Buff varieties.

Thank you, Sue! You inspired me to have a nice educational conversation with the manager of one local feed store.
Thank you, as well, BGMatt! The local feed store will receive first shipment next month which will include Delaware, Rhode Island Red as well as the Buff varieties.

This weekend is the Pacific Poultry Breeder's Association show in Stockton, CA. You might want to check it out and meet some breeders and see what is available. Well bred fowl will serve you much better and longer than hatchery/feedstore birds.

WOW! I was just about to inquire about that very show! Thanks BGMatt! Last year I happened to stop by the Fairground when the show was taking place. I had never seen so many different breeds of chickens and was totally captivated by the Buffs! I can't wait to go there this week end! My rooster would have stolen the show from what I saw last year! Unfortunately he won't participate due to his recent demise!

WOW! I was just about to inquire about that very show! Thanks BGMatt! Last year I happened to stop by the Fairground when the show was taking place. I had never seen so many different breeds of chickens and was totally captivated by the Buffs! I can't wait to go there this week end! My rooster would have stolen the show from what I saw last year! Unfortunately he won't participate due to his recent demise!

No problem. I'm envious! I had to skip out this year, it's quite a drive for me.

Back
Top Bottom