Lame Duck, will this supplement work?

IHEARTMYDUCKS

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 6, 2014
I have a lame duck only one out of a dozen or so, I read that I should try niacin in case she has a Vitamin B3 deficiency I have soluble vitamins & electrolytes pack that contains niacin, will this be enough or should I still give her more niacin? I was planing on giving her the vitamin & mineral supplement to her tonight. Also I give all my ducks terramycin in their drinking water every other week is this bad? One more question do I have to de worm my ducks & if so how often?

Thank you

I have a lame duck only one out of a dozen or so, I read that I should try niacin in case she has a Vitamin B3 deficiency I have soluble vitamins & electrolytes pack that contains niacin, will this be enough or should I still give her more niacin? I was planing on giving her the vitamin & mineral supplement to her tonight. Also I give all my ducks terramycin in their drinking water every other week is this bad? One more question do I have to de worm my ducks & if so how often?

Thank you
Why are you giving your ducks antibiotics every other week? Ducks are very hardy and if kept in clean like not filthy living conditions rarely get sick, but giving an antibiotic when not necessary can cause problems for 1 the gut, antibiotics kill good and bad bacteria so they are keeping the good bacteria in their gut, for health. Again if kept fairly clean environment, I'm talking no filthy with feces piled up and nasty disgusting water and feed never given clean or fresh feed. then they very seldom get internal or external parasites.. You don't say how old your ducks are, one week old duckling get 100 megs of Niacin in their drinking water so you may want to up the dosage. It's getting hard to find plain niacin so if you can't find it get Brewers yeast and sprinkle over their feed daily, try the vitamins you have now adding to their water if you don't notice an improvement in about 2-3 days then add some brewers yeast to their feed also. 1tab to 1 cup of feed .and
welcome-byc.gif

Thank You so much for your feed back, I was told by a vet to give them terramycen in their drinking water every other week but I was thinking its a bit much my ducks are all over a year old & only one has problems with her legs I gave her the supplement over the weekend & today her walking is noticeably better, I also de wormed my ducks on Saturday stupid me I was not aware I was supposed to, I am going to stop with the terramycen as my pen is always very clean & they free range during the day once a month hubby mixes a sterilizing solution & pressure cleans all cages as we are prone to ticks & fleas in our area, Hopping maggy will be ok if you have any other advice that might help Please I can use all the help I can get.

Thank You so much for your feed back, I was told by a vet to give them terramycen in their drinking water every other week but I was thinking its a bit much my ducks are all over a year old & only one has problems with her legs I gave her the supplement over the weekend & today her walking is noticeably better, I also de wormed my ducks on Saturday stupid me I was not aware I was supposed to, I am going to stop with the terramycen as my pen is always very clean & they free range during the day once a month hubby mixes a sterilizing solution & pressure cleans all cages as we are prone to ticks & fleas in our area, Hopping maggy will be ok if you have any other advice that might help Please I can use all the help I can get.
Best thing to do is rest. water therapy, and niacin[B3] in the form of pill or brewers yeast. glad to hear she is doing better. I don't think you need to worry about ticks and fleas on your ducks as long as they have swimming water they should be fine.

Got some niacin day before yesterday gave her some last night & the night before & she is walking!!! so happy!!!

Thanks again, keep well

Back
Top Bottom