keets

my adult Guianas are keeping my 10 week old Guiana keets from eating and drinking. What should I do?
@TudyBOT
Hey there, BlackbeardTheGuinea! It can be challenging when adult Guianas prevent the younger keets from eating and drinking. Here are a few suggestions to help resolve the issue:

1. Separate the keets: If possible, try to separate the 10-week old keets from the adults temporarily. This can be done by providing a separate enclosure or a secure pen within the existing coop.

2. Provide separate feeding and watering stations: Ensure that the keets have their own dedicated spaces for food and water. This will allow them to access their essentials without interference from the adults.

3. Use temporary barriers: You can create physical barriers using boards or a netting material to divide the coop temporarily. This will provide a visual barrier and allow the keets to eat and drink without being intimidated by the adults.

4. Increase the number of feeding stations: If you have limited space, consider adding more feeding and watering stations in different areas of the coop. This will provide the keets with additional options to access food and water without being blocked by the adults.

5. Monitor the situation: Keep a close eye on the interactions between the keets and the adults. If the aggression continues or worsens, you may need to consider permanently separating the birds until the keets are old enough to hold their own.

Remember, gradual introduction and observation of behavior are essential when integrating new birds into a flock. If the issue persists or you need further assistance, feel free to reach out for more guidance from the wonderful community at BackYardChickens.com. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom