Just in time for Christmas. I have 11 lab puppies born 11/09/08.

Denece&Lacey

Songster
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
Alvord, Tx
Hi, I have 11 AKC yellow labrador retriever puppies born 11/09/08. They will be ready December 21st for new homes. Great Christmas present. Let me know if your interested. I am 60 miles north of fort worth.
big_smile.png

Quote:
I am ok with 8, but I would prefer 10 as well. They get socialized much better that way.
But I would love to see pics! I'm a sucker for puppies!

At 6 weeks puppies are plenty old enough. They are weaned. If they arent ready to go by then, I will keep them. I didnt know this was gonna start a debate or I wouldnt have put the ad on here. This was just for people interested. I have raised puppies before. I will have to get them off the mama as soon as I can so she wont get too run down. There are 11 of them eating on her. I have noticed anytime I or anybody else puts anything on this site it turns into somebody trying to tell them they know more. It happens constantly. This isnt a contest. Whether it be dogs or chickens.

I always thought 8 weeks until my vet said (at thier 6 week appnt) ok they are ready to go to ther new homes. I kinda made a face and told her they are 6 weeks and she said "yes I know and asked me how much time does the mom spend with them since they got there teeth (at 4 weeks). which is true the mom hardly spends anytime with them after 4 weeks. So if people want there pup at 6 weeks after I take them for shots I let them if not (never been the case) I would keep them till 8-12 weeks. I did have 1 runt that was madd small and I kept her till she was 11 weeks old which was my decision not the buyers.

Thanks, I appreciate your input. My female has 11 pups on her. Can you imagine what she will look like after 8 -10 weeks? If they are ready then they can go. :|

Everyone might not be trying to attack you for your choice, but maybe just trying to help. Even if you don't want their opinions, you never know when something might be helpful.

We recently got a black lab/coonhound mix puppy when she was 7 weeks old. The lady had 6 and gave DH pick of the litter. We had her 3 days and DH got a call from the SPCA. It seems someone found out that the woman was giving away 7 week old puppies and turned her in. They tried to tell DH that he needed to get the puppy to the vet as soon as possible because puppies taken away from their mom before 8 weeks of age are at a greater risk for getting Parvo. We haven't had a chance to get her to a vet yet (its been 2 weeks) but she is fine, happy and healthy. They haven't called him back about it, so hopefully they dropped it. I don't see where they can tell us what to do with our dog. I am not sure if the lady got fined or in trouble for getting rid of the dogs. I do know she had given away litters before with no problems, same ages.

Honestly I think some people spend more time worrying about animals these days, than they do people! I am an animal lover, but some people go too far just to stick their nose into other peoples business!

Good luck finding homes for your puppies!
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom