June 2023 Hatch-a-long

Pics
Hey yall! I don't know exactly how this works, but Wind told me to come, so i came😌. I've got 5 LF Tsouloufati eggs under my broody pullet, hatch day is June 15th, she's been sitting on them since last Thursday
@Canadian Wind pretty much explained it but forgot to mention you have to post lots of pictures… it is a rule. Ok, that’s a lie, it’s not a rule. But we all like cute pictures😀. 🤞🏼All goes well with your broody hatch.

@Canadian Wind pretty much explained it but forgot to mention you have to post lots of pictures… it is a rule. Ok, that’s a lie, it’s not a rule. But we all like cute pictures😀. 🤞🏼All goes well with your broody hatch.

Don't worry, Wind probably didn't mention it because he knows I will;). Not many pictures while she's broody, this is my first broody after 11 years so I absolutely don't want her getting stressed and break bring broody. But here she is
IMG-c14b5b19204884193456693fdd99608c-V.jpg

Don't worry, Wind probably didn't mention it because he knows I will;). Not many pictures while she's broody, this is my first broody after 11 years so I absolutely don't want her getting stressed and break bring broody. But here she isView attachment 3521252
Beautiful looking bird, fluffy. What is she?

I think i’m going to euthanize the egg. i candled it and there’s another crack in it. i had it removed from the hen because she wasn’t entirely devoted to it. so i put it in my incubator. i had been candling it and tonight there’s a huge web of cracks that wasn’t there before. the color of the inside looked unnatural and not heathy. it didn’t seem to be moving. i have no idea how it cracked because i was so gentle with it. i’m not sure if it’s moving at all so I think I’ll put it in the fridge. I was so excited and now i’m entirely disappointed and I feel like a failure but I guess you can’t save them all.

Back
Top Bottom