Katix7

Chirping
Nov 11, 2021
Etowah County, Alabama
New to the site but saw several hatch a long threads - so fun! I plan to collect some eggs this week and get them in the incubator on Sunday. Would anyone like to join? Most of mine will be barred rock and Buff orpingtons…some will be mixed…i have 5 very busy roosters and 50 hens

My first time using the incubator i didn’t do any candle/light checking. Just put the eggs in and let the machine do the rest. Had 15 of 16 hatch - not bad! But now I’m wondering if some of that was beginners luck. Might do some candling - luckily tons of folks on here post about everything so there will be much research for me to do this week.

Attachments

• 8BF82C81-4EA4-4BC2-91E1-1530D2321515.jpeg
    8BF82C81-4EA4-4BC2-91E1-1530D2321515.jpeg
    560 KB · Views: 11
New to the site but saw several hatch a long threads - so fun! I plan to collect some eggs this week and get them in the incubator on Sunday. Would anyone like to join? Most of mine will be barred rock and Buff orpingtons…some will be mixed…i have 5 very busy roosters and 50 hens

My first time using the incubator i didn’t do any candle/light checking. Just put the eggs in and let the machine do the rest. Had 15 of 16 hatch - not bad! But now I’m wondering if some of that was beginners luck. Might do some candling - luckily tons of folks on here post about everything so there will be much research for me to do this week.
I'll go along with you, but mine will be hatching the 20th to the 25th of this month

I'll post pics when they hatching/hatched

And also WELCOME TO BACKYARD CHICKENS !!:)

Back
Top Bottom