I've seen that Australorps have all black eyes but, ours doesn't. They are yellow and black. Is this common?

Timmy Tangles

Chirping
Mar 11, 2021
Screenshot_20210403-195231_LINE.jpg

What is the source of the chicken?

my APA book of standards does indicate the eye color of BA is “dark brown”, so this eye color is not as it should be for a BA.

can you post a pic of while bird, standing, and from the side do we can see shape, feathering, leg color?

The only breed she could theoretically be that I can think of off the top of my head is a Black Penedesenca. I would expect a darker egg from her and a carnation comb, which I don't believe she has. White earlobes with brown eggs is an uncommon combo for purebreds. The more likely scenario is that she's a mixed breed :)

The only breed she could theoretically be that I can think of off the top of my head is a Black Penedesenca. I would expect a darker egg from her and a carnation comb, which I don't believe she has. White earlobes with brown eggs is an uncommon combo for purebreds. The more likely scenario is that she's a mixed breed :)
She sure is a lovely hen. Super friendly, quiet and a good layer. Thank you for all the info

Back
Top Bottom