Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

How do you get away with all your animals in an hoa?
The only thing they complain about are the Pigs on occasion. Chickens are allowed (not roosters), you just have to follow the county limits (which for us is 10 rabbits/chickens combined based on our lot size. We're at 7 total so no problems). Pigs are technically allowed by the county as well as pets since they're minis. Whenever the HOA gripes I send them a letter with the CC&R's and the county code and tell them to go away. Until and Unless they change the CC&R's to prohibit mini pigs or chickens, we're fine. The rabbits live inside, it's way too hot for them outside here.

Yeah, grass is nice. I’m not really a fan of mowing, and I always look forward to having a break in there of not having to.

What are the reasons for the rocks? I can think of a few. I mean other than the obvious one of having them readily available if someone makes you mad.
HOA Rules about desert landscaping and saving water. You can HAVE a lawn, but it has to be approved or grandfathered in from the original time the community was built. We also get a $50/month credit for having the desert landscaping instead of grass.

I expect in the next year or so we will start seeing more city and county level ordinances coming in about water use and lawns here. The drought is no joke and as fast as Phx is growing access to water is a major deal.

Noooo, I love the cold.
You would learn to hate it. When you go outside and the breath gets sucked out of your lungs, the snot freezes in your nose, and you can't feel your legs or hands. It gets old, fast. When it's March 18, 30° and snowing and you have the wood burner going. Again. Or when your car freezes and won't start, or you can't even open the door because it's frozen shut

You would learn to hate it. When you go outside and the breath gets sucked out of your lungs, the snot freezes in your nose, and you can't feel your legs or hands. It gets old, fast. When it's March 18, 30° and snowing and you have the wood burner going. Again. Or when your car freezes and won't start, or you can't even open the door because it's frozen shut
100%

Sweet You would learn to hate it. When you go outside and the breath gets sucked out of your lungs, the snot freezes in your nose, and you can't feel your legs or hands. It gets old, fast. When it's March 18, 30° and snowing and you have the wood burner going. Again. Or when your car freezes and won't start, or you can't even open the door because it's frozen shut
Sweet Brown No GIF

Back
Top Bottom