Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

I have made some arcs fly a few times with the wave machines. A couple of weeks ago I exploded a stick of butter. I was just going to soften it a little, but went a bit far I guess. It was a really loud bang. I never realized butter could make such a noise. You couldn't see through the glass front, nothing but butter. I decided that I was not cleaning that and chunked it, went to the dollar store and bought another cheap one. It was cheap itself and old anyway.
1706108091321.png

I have never exploded butter in the microwave before.
Blew up butter in the microwave. That deserves at least a throat punch
1706108526449.png

This woman could not agree more.
I've melted butter in the microwave but I don't think I've ever just softened it. Never had it act weird or explode :confused:
Softening butter in the microwave is liike trusting a fart when you're stomach is upset. A recipe for disaster.

Does your microwave have a defrost setting? That’s the only setting I’ve been able to use with butter for longer than 5 seconds without things getting sketchy
My microwave has a "melt" and also a "soften" button to use for butter or cream cheese. I also use the defrost setting for other things.

My microwave has a "melt" and also a "soften" button to use for butter or cream cheese. I also use the defrost setting for other things.
My dollar store one doesn’t have those high tech buttons. It does have a defrost on it, but my butter wasn’t frozen so I never considered it. I put it in there and set it for 20 seconds, or there about, and hit start, so that means it was on full throttle. I didn’t get but about halfway through those 20 seconds.

Before I chunked it, I did consider letting the dog clean it

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom