Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

I politely diasgree. Every girl's First Wedding should be special. :p
(Maybe I'm old fashion.)
I politely agree with you. 🤪 I told my sister that if she marries this new guy she is dating to not even bother invite me. I went to everyone's first wedding, therefore, I am done attending weddings; unless my younger siblings decide to make horrible life-choices, too. 😂

Last edited:
In my opinion a wedding that you drop a huge amount of money on is a waste of money. A smaller wedding that doesn't break the bank is a very good thing. Enjoy, celebrate while times are good, but in a reasonable way. I say that knowing that I have a daughter that is more than likely going to want an expensive wedding and being the Dad I am, I will give that to her all the time thinking the money could be spent on so many better things for a couple starting out.

I politely diasgree. Every girl's First Wedding should be special. :p
(Maybe I'm old fashion.)
Oh, that's not what I was debating. More the right of everyone not the people getting married to be unhappy with the couple's choices.

My wedding was a courthouse one (it was the best option I had at the time)... And the amount of people unhappy with my choice was... Everyone.

Which seems to be the case for every wedding I've ever heard of. So, if that's how it's going to be... Maybe there should be a new tradition.🤣

In my opinion a wedding that you drop a huge amount of money on is a waste of money. A smaller wedding that doesn't break the bank is a very good thing. Enjoy, celebrate while times are good, but in a reasonable way. I say that knowing that I have a daughter that is more than likely going to want an expensive wedding and being the Dad I am, I will give that to her all the time thinking the money could be spent on so many better things for a couple starting out.
A small wedding would be a good choice for most. The cost of a large, fancy wedding could be used for a down payment on a house instead. People just need to decide which is more important to them: Spending thousands on a fancy affair for a day, or getting the chance to buy a home of their own. The house will last longer than the married couple, so it is the better option, in my opinion (that is not explicitly a slap at marriage, but buildings tend to last longer than humans. That is what I mean). And the home could be left to children, to give shelter to future generations. The memory of your wedding will only continue while those that were there are alive. Weigh those options. Which is a better investment? Though, if you already have a home, or dream of a different path, then go for the big hubba-baloo. 😎🥳

Oh, that's not what I was debating. More the right of everyone not the people getting married to be unhappy with the couple's choices.

My wedding was a courthouse one (it was the best option I had at the time)... And the amount of people unhappy with my choice was... Everyone.

Which seems to be the case for every wedding I've ever heard of. So, if that's how it's going to be... Maybe there should be a new tradition.🤣
Well, I thank you for not inviting me. I hate heels, I hate dresses, I do not want to watch people do the chicken dance, I do not drink so I would have no way of "letting loose", and unless the cake is chocolate, then it was a waste of money. 😎😜

No argument. Just a bad joke.
DW and I were in our 40's and it wasn't the first time for either of us. We cleaned out the house. Bought ourselves a new air conditioner as a wedding present. (August, New Orleans). Invited any one that wanted to come. My splurge was I hired two musicians from the symphony to play. It was great.

A small wedding would be a good choice for most. The cost of a large, fancy wedding could be used for a down payment on a house instead. People just need to decide which is more important to them: Spending thousands on a fancy affair for a day, or getting the chance to buy a home of their own. The house will last longer than the married couple, so it is the better option, in my opinion (that is not explicitly a slap at marriage, but buildings tend to last longer than humans. That is what I mean). And the home could be left to children, to give shelter to future generations. The memory of your wedding will only continue while those that were there are alive. Weigh those options. Which is a better investment? Though, if you already have a home, or dream of a different path, then go for the big hubba-baloo. 😎🥳
Yea, the house would be good. And, it would give the divorce lawyers something to fight over

A friend of mine paid roughly $20 grand on his daughter a wedding about 10 years ago. They stayed married about 6 whole months. Now, she is married to some guy that had a 2 year old kid when they met. They went to the courthouse to get hitched. They now have 2 more kids together and are happy and doing very well.

Edit to say: I have some great memories of the wedding, though, even if they don't. I drank a lot of free booze and danced late into the night, and I don't even really like to dance. Good time. Thank you Buddy!

Last edited:
A friend of mine paid roughly $20 grand on his daughter a wedding about 10 years ago. They stayed married about 6 whole months. Now, she is married to some guy that had a 2 year old kid when they met. They went to the courthouse to get hitched. They now have 2 more kids together and are happy and doing very well.

Edit to say: I have some great memories of the wedding, though, even if they don't. I drank a lot of free booze and danced late into the night, and I don't even really like to dance. Good time. Thank you Buddy!
Who got the house?

Back
Top Bottom