Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

A3AB3AFC-93BA-46DD-87DA-1EFB2AC224FA.jpeg

Good morning! No rain in the tent at all last night. :wee
Diego found this scary looking beetle cockroach thing in the kitchen this morning. Anyone know what it is and if it's bad? @Overo Mare
View attachment 3485094
Looks like a smoky brown roach. They live in wooded areas. You just got done clearing. Probably disturbed him and he accidentally wandered in.

Not bad. Just lost.

Cheese is broody. I might pull her in a few days so she's isolated. She's already skinnier than I'd like and I don't trust the boys to eat the food in the pen and not the bowl I placed by her nest.

Cornish is also broody, as well as a pheonix in the cochin coop. And Mare, your namesake is also broody, and a scary one at that.

So I might have someone who can take any little Colt babies I hatch. Unfortunately I have to brood my Cornish chicks anyways if they hatch, so I'll have a brooder set up anyways.

Might swap the eggs the Cornish and Cheese are on, just so the Cornish chicks are with Cheese instead. That might give them better odds

I would insist for the antibiotics myself. The way that looks most doctors, here anyway, will not test you, but just put you on them. I had to one time. It is just antibiotics, so no big deal. Better safe than sorry. Lyme disease can be nasty.

It is not near as big a deal as @ColtHandorf and @Hayden Goseek remedy

I would insist for the antibiotics myself. The way that looks most doctors, here anyway, will not test you, but just put you on them. I had to one time. It is just antibiotics, so no big deal. Better safe than sorry. Lyme disease can be nasty.

It is not near as big a deal as @ColtHandorf and @Hayden Goseek remedy
Yeah that’s true! I’d rather be on them than have it

Good morning! No rain in the tent at all last night. :wee
Diego found this scary looking beetle cockroach thing in the kitchen this morning. Anyone know what it is and if it's bad? @Overo Mare
View attachment 3485094
I don't know. I never been that big on roaches, but let us know how it turns out. I hear they are big on protein.

Back
Top Bottom