Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

I'm a yankee just slightly yooper-ised. Upper Peninsula Michigan are yoopers, I'm downstate lower peninsula, so still a yankee. I like being a yankee, it just sits quite right with me.
From wikipedia:
The term Yankee and its contracted form Yank have several interrelated meanings, all referring to people from the United States. Its various senses depend on the context, and may refer to New Englanders, residents of the Northern United States, or Americans in general. If you're intersted here is a link.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yankee
As a Californian, I find this so fascinating.

For the record: I DO NOT want to know how everyone refers to Californians.

You're kind of a princess, you know that? 😋

the-princess-diaries-julie-andrews.gif

anigif_sub-buzz-3061-1627588817-53.gif

A queen, however, is free to do what she wants.
julie-andrews-spinning.gif

Sorry :(

Please stay safe!
Will do. :)
We should call him Kuzco. 😂
giphy.gif

Yep. We get snow in most of the state, but since most tourism is from snowbirds escaping snow, we push the 'dry heat and golf resorts' down south. If I lived an hour or two north, I'd have to buy a snowmobile, 2+ feet of snow per storm isn't unusual.View attachment 3419711View attachment 3419712
We have a similar problem in California. Folks think it's all sunshine and beaches.... and whatever San Francisco is (a stinky cesspool, if we're gonna be real). Most of the state is actually very rural. But tourism!

As a Californian, I find this so fascinating.

For the record: I DO NOT want to know how everyone refers to Californians.
Liberals? lol Not that there is a thing wrong with that. Better than Oklahoma, where I hear they only thing to come out of there is steers and queers...or so my father always said.

Back
Top Bottom