Is this fertilizer organic?

Duckpip

🦆 Life is better with birds 🐔
May 23, 2022
Canada
Hello everyone! I have quite a few flowering fruits and veggies this year, so I would like to boost my plants with some "food". The only problem is that I'm looking for a cheap organic fertilizer, and I don't think those words fit together very well.

I have found a company called Miracle-Gro, and they have a fairly cheap product called "Miracle-Gro Shake N Feed All Purpose Plant Food". I'm wondering if anyone here knows if this is organic or not? It says that it "contains organic ingredients such as...", but it doesn't straight out say that it's organic.

I'd also appreciate if anyone knows any better alternatives.

Thanks!

Depending upon what your fruits and veggie plants thrive on, it could be a simple matter of burying fish in the garden.
Research what plants you're wanting to 'feed' to determine what they need... go from that as your starting point.

Consider too, since all plants require nitrogen, the possibility of hauling off someone's rabbit dung. In exchange for your labor, they might let you have it free. Rabbit poo can be added directly to the garden without composting, as it decomposes rapidly with little chance of burning your garden and since it's dry, pelleted dung, it tends to be easy to handle.

Depending upon what your fruits and veggie plants thrive on, it could be a simple matter of burying fish in the garden.
Research what plants you're wanting to 'feed' to determine what they need... go from that as your starting point.

Consider too, since all plants require nitrogen, the possibility of hauling off someone's rabbit dung. In exchange for your labor, they might let you have it free. Rabbit poo can be added directly to the garden without composting, as it decomposes rapidly with little chance of burning your garden and since it's dry, pelleted dung, it tends to be easy to handle.
Thanks for the reply! I've seen liquid tomato fertilizer used for cucumbers and I've heard liquid seaweed can be good for many plants. Only problem is that I have no idea where to find those in Canada.

Good idea with the rabbit pellets, but not for me, no thank you! 😆 (Yes, it makes no sense that I put MANURE in my garden but I'm grossed out by rabbit pellets... I'll still keep it in mind, though!)

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom