Is this blood in my hens poop?

TLFech

In the Brooder
Jul 5, 2022
Pulled one of my girls out to isolated her she was getting bullied. She was scared and shaking and skinny. She’s been in the garage in a dog crate for a few days now and I’m trying to get her to eat. Filed her beak down a bit and seems to be better eating now but has been pooping white liquid for a few days and a few solid pieces at night so she’s eating a bit. However I babe seem a few is these that look like blood?
I’m keeping her in the crate for a few more days and then will shuffle some chickens around so she will have her own run and coop beside the rest of them then will put a few nicer hens
in with her for a couple of weeks then try to integrate them all but I want to get her a bit stronger. She’s not happy in the crate at all 🤦🏼‍♀️
Anyone hav any thoughts on the poop??? Or a better way to get her back out? Sorry for the gross pic.

Attachments

• IMG_1356.jpeg
    IMG_1356.jpeg
    472.5 KB · Views: 24
Is there a way she can be near her flock in the dog crate with food and water? It might make her feel better to be with the other chickens if she is protected. One of my hens who was having trouble with her balance, had to be kept on the opposite side of the poultry netting during the day. She could see the flock and free range close to them, but they couldn’t bully her. The pink looks like some bloody mucus. It might be intestinal shedding, or she could have worms or an intestinal infection. Would your vet run a fecal float on some fresh droppings to look for parasites?

No, not blood. It might be some shed lining. I would try to make sure she eats very well. Give her anything she wants to eat too whet her appetite.
She’s actually perked up and eating a bit more now that I’ve filed her beak. 👍 she’s getting all kinds of goodies and will keep going them to her.

Is there a way she can be near her flock in the dog crate with food and water? It might make her feel better to be with the other chickens if she is protected. One of my hens who was having trouble with her balance, had to be kept on the opposite side of the poultry netting during the day. She could see the flock and free range close to them, but they couldn’t bully her. The pink looks like some bloody mucus. It might be intestinal shedding, or she could have worms or an intestinal infection. Would your vet run a fecal float on some fresh droppings to look for parasites?
Thank you for replying! I have two coops and runs side by side. One is smaller and she’s actually going to be in on her own beside her friends and I will put a few of the nicer hens in with her (they are getting plucked) then I will try to put them all together when I feel like she’s strong. If the bully’s pick on her again they will go into the separate coop.

Back
Top Bottom