Is this a Salmon Faverolle Pullet or Roo??

Do you think this Salmon Faverolle is a pullet or roo?

• Pullet

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Roo

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I don’t know

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
Mar 25, 2023
I have been reading that young SF chick pullets can be varied in color and have no tail feathers. So I am hoping this 6-week chick is a pullet, but I’m wanting feedback. She does have some dark areas, but I don’t know if I would say they are “black”. No black on her chest. Her wings are layered but there is not a defining difference in length of first and second wing. Her feathers seem long and more narrow, but she has full wing feathers…no late blooming areas, which I would think more roo-like. The only concern is the lack of tail feathers, tbh.

So I am doing a poll to get feedback. I’d love to hear people’s thoughts as well. I’m new here, so I don’t know if there is a DM option.

Thank you so much!!🐣

Attachments

• IMG_4505.jpeg
    IMG_4505.jpeg
    485.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_4504.jpeg
    IMG_4504.jpeg
    727.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4502.jpeg
    IMG_4502.jpeg
    740.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4503.jpeg
    IMG_4503.jpeg
    648.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4506.jpeg
    IMG_4506.jpeg
    590.2 KB · Views: 27
Hello! I’ve never had salmon faverolles before, but it looks pretty dark compared to fully grown hens. I can’t say for sure because I don’t know, but I think the presence of any black feathers would mean it’s a cockerel.

Thank you. I have been reading other threads with photos. You should check them out…very dark chicks and they say they are pullets🤔 I’m new at this so still learning.

It's not a pure faverole so I'm not sure it's autosexing traits will work.
1: Salmon Faverolles are not autosexing. Autosexing means each generation can be sexed at hatch by down color. They are simply sexually dimorphic.
2: There are no signs this bird is a mix. I have seen much worse quality Faverolles come out of hatcheries.
3: Even if this bird were a mix, it's clearly wheaten-based. A cockerel would have a black breast and this bird's coloring is pullet-specific. :)

That is definitely a pullet. Coming from someone who has them and also had several pullets who looked like this at that age, don't worry. Her comb isn't bright red like a cockerel would be at that age, and cockerels would have an almost fully black or brown chest as well.
Oh gosh thank you! Any way for me to see yours? Do the spots on the chest go away? They are so pretty, but I have only seen a rooster that had some freckling. They really are quite lovely!
1: Salmon Faverolles are not autosexing. Autosexing means each generation can be sexed at hatch by down color. They are simply sexually dimorphic.
2: There are no signs this bird is a mix. I have seen much worse quality Faverolles come out of hatcheries.
3: Even if this bird were a mix, it's clearly wheaten-based. A cockerel would have a black breast and this bird's coloring is pullet-specific. :)
Thank you for explaining! Super helpful🙂
Yup its a pullet
TY
I do not know this breed well but wow, that’s some big feet and legs. 🤷🏼‍♀️
(accidentally posted this on a different thread)
She takes after me😂🤣🤭

Back
Top Bottom