Is this a fowl pox?

Catbutts

Chirping
Jun 25, 2020
Southeast Asia, Bangkok, Thailand
My 4 months old brahma have this brown thingy on her comb. Is it fowl pox? By the way, I live in a very warm country and there are so many mosquitoes here but my coop have a mosquito-proof net. And she is acting normal just like other hen.

Attachments

• IMG20200718110716.jpg
    IMG20200718110716.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG20200718110713.jpg
    IMG20200718110713.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 24
She may have caught it on fencing or even the plastic ring that is on some chicken feeders to keep the food from being scratched out (as much). It could be from mosquito bite, but it could also be a breeding or pecking-order injury. It doesn't look to be infected or swollen, but it wouldn't hurt to rub a dollop of cooking oil or vaseline into the area to keep it moist. Chickens heal better with moist wounds rather than dry.

She may have caught it on fencing or even the plastic ring that is on some chicken feeders to keep the food from being scratched out (as much). It could be from mosquito bite, but it could also be a breeding or pecking-order injury. It doesn't look to be infected or swollen, but it wouldn't hurt to rub a dollop of cooking oil or vaseline into the area to keep it moist. Chickens heal better with moist wounds rather than dry.
Thank!

Back
Top Bottom