Is my Serama a cockerel??

Hahaha i’m glad I’m not the only one confused by Nugget!! Considering the squatting I’m thinking she MUST be a girl, but the crowing definitely threw me for a loop. I have three adult Serama hens, and none of them crow. Good to know that the hens are known for it though!!!

I think the reason Chickpea looks so underdeveloped in comparison is that she must be a type A or micro. She’s TINY.

Here’s a picture from today. Nugget is the bigger black one, Chickpea (Nuggets clutch mate) is the smaller black one, and the grey one is their “aunt” who is about a year old.
They are all so cute. I wish I could keep bantams, but I would be afraid of how they would do in the cold.

They are all so cute. I wish I could keep bantams, but I would be afraid of how they would do in the cold.
Thanks! I love my big girls, but the Seramas definitely have my heart. They’re so tiny but with big personalities.

Honestly I know some people keep them without heat during the winter but it makes me too nervous. My Seramas live in my basement during the winter and spring. They’re actually still inside now because it still gets below 40 degrees here. Luckily they are so small that keeping them in isn’t a big deal. I use a large rabbit hutch.

Hahaha i’m glad I’m not the only one confused by Nugget!! Considering the squatting I’m thinking she MUST be a girl, but the crowing definitely threw me for a loop. I have three adult Serama hens, and none of them crow. Good to know that the hens are known for it though!!!

I think the reason Chickpea looks so underdeveloped in comparison is that she must be a type A or micro. She’s TINY.

Here’s a picture from today. Nugget is the bigger black one, Chickpea (Nuggets clutch mate) is the smaller black one, and the grey one is their “aunt” who is about a year old.
Also, I forgot to add that it looks like Nugget and Chickpea are blue rather than black.

Back
Top Bottom