Is He Still Eligible For A Show?

Silkie2005

Crowing
Feb 16, 2020
Cheshire, England
Hi all! I live in the UK, so it is based on their standards. I have a two year old Wheaton Maran Cockerel who has been very successful in shows and has won lots of prizes for me over his show career. Unfortunately, in September he had to have one of his spurs clipped almost completely off by the vet. He had caught it on the mesh and loosened it to the point were it was hanging on by a thread and was bleeding all of the time. I was wondering if he could still go in shows or if this makes him automatically disqualified, like if you had a male dog "done" and tried to take it to crufts. My next show is in May and he has heeled properly and it hasn't bled for months. It has grown back a little at the stump but it isn't a complete spur anymore. Please excuse all the mud, we have had lots of rain and snow recently and the ground looks like a big, muddy swimming pool.

Attachments

• 20200229_163450.jpg
    20200229_163450.jpg
    455.3 KB · Views: 20
Hi all! I live in the UK, so it is based on their standards. I have a two year old Wheaton Maran Cockerel who has been very successful in shows and has won lots of prizes for me over his show career. Unfortunately, in September he had to have one of his spurs clipped almost completely off by the vet. He had caught it on the mesh and loosened it to the point were it was hanging on by a thread and was bleeding all of the time. I was wondering if he could still go in shows or if this makes him automatically disqualified, like if you had a male dog "done" and tried to take it to crufts. My next show is in May and he has heeled properly and it hasn't bled for months. It has grown back a little at the stump but it isn't a complete spur anymore. Please excuse all the mud, we have had lots of rain and snow recently and the ground looks like a big, muddy swimming pool.
A rooster without spurs is perfectly fine- I would just make sure both spurs look the same, and are the same lengths etc. If not you could loose marks in the legs/feet section of the point scale.- depending on how picky the judge is!

If showing in a PCGB affiliated show, I would suggest you remove that leg ring, as PCGB Affiliated shows require birds to wear either PCGB leg rings or none at all. If the bird does not have correct leg ring it will be passed by the judge.

Back
Top Bottom