Irish and bird mad ☺️

I have never kept Pekins, they are adorable! Roos sure are entertaining to watch them tidbit for the hens. Sounds like your hens are pretty smart! I had a hen that used to round up the other hens at bedtime. She'd get frustrated if the others were dawdling and would peck those milling around. :lol:
Yes exactly that. The roo picks bits of the mash and offers it out to the hens. I watched him wipe his beak on one too after eating 🤣 the mottled with the white head is the daughter of the older mottled and the roo and they scold her from time to time..she then chases the rosecombs ...oh ya I've rose combs too haha

Last edited:
Yes exactly that. The roo picks bits of the mash and offers it out to the hens. I watched him wipe his beak on one two after eating 🤣 the mottled with the white head is the daughter of the older mottled and the roo and they scold her from time to time..she then chases the rosecombs ...oh ya I've rose combs too haha
Some roos are so gentle with the hens, it's so sweet to watch! Oh I love rosecombs, all I've ever kept is boring old single combs! :gig

IMG_20230811_221143.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230811_220812.jpg
    IMG_20230811_220812.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20230811_220900.jpg
    IMG_20230811_220900.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom