Introducing myself and pele's dragon

Peles Dragon

In the Brooder
Feb 21, 2024
Hello there, I am rehabbing a rooster that had been hit by a car. When I first picked him up his legs just dangled and he seemed weak but after giving him coconut water and working with him he really bounced back. Now I'm trying to rehab his legs. The actual legs aren't broken, I think it's more in the hip area. I've set up a harness to try and Rehab him. What I'm asking about now is I found a bug on his neck and I think chickens can get mites. If so, how can I tell he has them and how do I address it? I know I'll be having a lot of questions for you, thank you so much ahead of time. I live in Kauai that's why his name is Pele and it's the year of the dragon. He's a handsome dragon boy. Mahalo Desiree

Attachments

• 20240213_082237.jpg
    20240213_082237.jpg
    571.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 20240215_085332.jpg
    20240215_085332.jpg
    517.4 KB · Views: 11
:welcome:welcome:welcome

Welcome to BackYard Chickens! Good luck with your boy there. He's very lucky to have you. :hugs

You might be able to get some more direct help by posting a thread here: Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures

You can check him for mites by moving his feathers and *quickly* looking at his skin. (The mites like to move quickly, so looking for them as you're moving the feathers is a must.) Check for mites in the warm spots if you can because they'll be more likely to be there. As far as treatment, I'm not sure on a good treatment plan.

Back
Top Bottom