Intro :)

Marelle

Songster
5 Years
Jun 21, 2018
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I've had 2-4.chickens years ago, but then lived in apartments for the last 5 years. Just bought a house in March and immediately got chickens again !

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

10, but we'll see how many stay. We have one confirmed rooster, and possibly up to 4 more still up in the air.

(3) What breeds do you have?

My only layer is actually my newest chicken - a 1 y/o Easter egger

My older "set" is 4 months - dark Brahma, white Cochin, and black Cochin. And a cream legbar roo that was sold to me as a hen, the seller assured me was a pullet as they're auto-sexing, and turned out to be a boy. I'm attached to him and trying to keep him with a no crow collar.

Younger set I got as babies: 2 white Silkies, 2 BLRW (of which at lleas one is likely a roo), and a black copper Marans pullet

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Googling pictures of chicks, trying to figure out if I have pullets or roos.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Uhh, sleeping. Fostering kittens. Knitting.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have 2 elementary schooler boys, 3 cats, and a slightly neurotic little dog.

A little bird made a nest and laid eggs in a plant on my porch, so I'm counting them as new pets too!

I've had 2-4.chickens years ago, but then lived in apartments for the last 5 years. Just bought a house in March and immediately got chickens again !

10, but we'll see how many stay. We have one confirmed rooster, and possibly up to 4 more still up in the air.

My older "set" is 4 months - dark Brahma, white Cochin, and black Cochin. And a cream legbar roo that was sold to me as a hen, the seller assured me was a pullet as they're auto-sexing, and turned out to be a boy. I'm attached to him and trying to keep him with a no crow collar.

Younger set I got as babies: 2 white Silkies, 2 BLRW (of which at lleas one is likely a roo), and a black copper Marans pullet

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

A little bird made a nest and laid eggs in a plant on my porch, so I'm counting them as new pets too!
hi.gif
Flash-welcome-byc-farmer-co.gif

Marell Welcome to Backyard Chickens enjoy yourself

Hello, and welcome to BYC! I see that you have a Cream Legbar cockerel. I have 3 of those girls that have been laying those pretty blue eggs for a couple of months now. :D
That's why I bought mine, because I wanted those blue eggs! That is not working out for me!
Hello, and welcome to BYC! I see that you have a Cream Legbar cockerel. I have 3 of those girls that have been laying those pretty blue eggs for a couple of months now. :D

Back
Top Bottom