Zoe67

In the Brooder
Jun 20, 2020
OK new chicken owner here and I could use some help. My five pullets are four months old they've gotten along great up until today. This morning I noticed that one of them had some damage to her comb. I'm not sure if it was done by one of the others overnight but the blood was dried so I cleaned it up and put some wound spray on it but the others were still attracted to it and pecking at her head. So then I put this cover-up stuff on it (see the photo) They are still pecking at her head. I have her separated right now and I'm wondering if I should keep her separated until the wound has more time to heal? I love all my girls but I have to say it's horrible to see how mean they can be. Thank you so much for your help I would appreciate any and all advice!

Attachments

• 0580AE4F-1F9D-4125-B8B5-2CE9A5ED5B91.jpeg
    0580AE4F-1F9D-4125-B8B5-2CE9A5ED5B91.jpeg
    528.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 36A78D10-0B23-4147-B483-27FEF4B8FE79.jpeg
    36A78D10-0B23-4147-B483-27FEF4B8FE79.jpeg
    385.1 KB · Views: 3
Chickens are drawn to wounds/blood will peck at it i suggest if u can keep her seperated keep treating the wound when it healed pop her back in xx

Chickens are drawn to wounds/blood will peck at it i suggest if u can keep her seperated keep treating the wound when it healed pop her back in xx
Thank you so much for your response it's greatly appreciated I was worried I was doing the wrong thing by separating her.

No worries let me know how she gets on x
My chicks are all back together today even the one that had the injury. There was a little bit of pecking amongst the group but just on each other's back's I think because they were back together again. They've been together again for more than five hours and they seem to be very happy and back to normal. Thank you again for all your help 😃

Back
Top Bottom