Indio Gigante and the Standard of Perfection

All breeds start somewhere, plus IGs are significantly bigger than even malays and O Shamos
How big are they? Malays can exceed 3 feet. I heard IGs are the tallest breed but always thought they were probably the height of a Malay since Greenfire tends to exaggerate.

How big are they? Malays can exceed 3 feet. I heard IGs are the tallest breed but always thought they were probably the height of a Malay since Greenfire tends to exaggerate.
Greenfires don't go much past a Malay, the minimum I've heard to be considered an IG is 40 inches flat footed for a rooster

The only standard for Indio Gigante that I'm aware of is maintained by ABRACIG in Brazil: https://abracig.com/padrao-abracig. It's in Portuguese, but Google translate works.

Also, there are pics of award-winning Indio Gigante on their site under "Torneio" (Tournaments).

Indio Gigante were created in Brazil, so ABRACIG being their official association based in that country, I'd start with what they'd consider SOP.

Also (per ABRACIG), Indio Gigante are measured for "height" by stretching them out on a flat surface and measuring from the tip of the beak to the tip of the longest toe. The biggest roosters are about 4 feet "tall/long" measured this way, but how tall they stand would be less, naturally. Minimum to be considered Indio Gigante is "105 cm" (~3 feet, 5 inches) per ABRACIG — same measurement process (stretched).

All breeds start somewhere, plus IGs are significantly bigger than even malays and O Shamos
What really ticks me off is when you look up Brazilian chicken breeds, all that is listed is the indio mongrel when Brazilian gamefowl have been bred for much longer and are actually a composite breed. People dont have a clue. They believe every lie that wickapedia or some peddler tells them

What really ticks me off is when you look up Brazilian chicken breeds, all that is listed is the indio mongrel when Brazilian gamefowl have been bred for much longer and are actually a composite breed. People dont have a clue. They believe every lie that wickapedia or some peddler tells them
Why are you so salty?

Back
Top Bottom