in this random rambling thread we post random pictures

Koa sok Thailand
Koa sok Tailand.PNG

Yep. I used to live by a small pond. Oh my goodness those big ol toads were loud in the summer! Night time..of course.
When I went to elementary school, we lived in a place. where a small stream flows. It spread into a dangerous swamp that could not be visited (even in a drought it was dangerous to walk nearby, once my friend and I went and I almost drowned there, I was lucky that I guessed to lie on my stomach and crawl back - if I panicked and started floundering, now I would not write anything on the Internet). Well, there, in this swamp, the frogs croaked at night so that when walking along the nearest road, i had to talk in a loud voice, almost yell, in order to hear the interlocutor )))
I spent many years there, almost until the penultimate grade of school.
In other words, perhaps Russian frogs are not so loud, I did not have the opportunity to appreciate the singing of American frogs.
Now I live in the hills, i can hardly hear the frogs here. These hills are a bit dry, there are not even snakes at all (in the last 25 years I have never seen a single snake here). Only small lizards. Frogs are found, but there are not very many of them, much more toads and hedgehogs walk here.

A Picture from intenet.
ad0d1145-78fe-4d3f-bb73-9f368b659c8e.jpg

The caption reads "Phone Repair". And in English attributed (professional). (apparently, the postscript to the Russian text in a foreign language was made for solidity).
The inhabitants of the Internet have fun - "you can immediately see the professionals." (in the image, the hand holds the soldering iron by the part that gets very hot during operation). :D

A Picture from intenet.
View attachment 3259554
The caption reads "Phone Repair". And in English attributed (professional). (apparently, the postscript to the Russian text in a foreign language was made for solidity).
The inhabitants of the Internet have fun - "you can immediately see the professionals." (in the image, the hand holds the soldering iron by the part that gets very hot during operation). :D
I was gonna say, "Those poor fingers" :)

Here are some snakes for you, Pasha, from my home.

Northern Pacific Rattlesnake
20220911_101241.jpg

Young adult found dead, caught in plastic fencing, poor thing. First one we've seen here in 20+ years.

Young California Kingsnake.
20220914_090134.jpg

These will eat other snakes, including rattlesnakes. Not venomous.

Beautiful baby Gophersnake I found dead on the road.
20210827_093619.jpg

Adult Pacific Gophersnake.
20200425_172856.jpg

These are wonderful, nonvenomous rodent eaters.

Back
Top Bottom