in this random rambling thread we post random pictures

All seven dogs lined up in a row. Karma is laying behind everyone.

I saw one of those twice, it swooped down from a telephone pole and it's wingspan seemed enormous. What kind is it ? Otherwise we just have the smaller ones.

It's a buzzard drumstick. There were two of them circling our house the other day when I had my broody and her chicks out in the garden. I'm sure they were eying them up. I was running around the garden like a crazy woman trying to scare them off! Needless to say the hen and chicks had to go back in. A lot were shot and killed years ago so they made them a protected species and now they have got out of hand again. There are lots around us and they take a lot of chicks and Garden birds. My other half has a small game shoot he runs in and around our village and they take a lot of his pheasant and partridge that he puts down. He's been putting pheasant and partridge out for a couple of years now and some have reared young of their own but the buzzards have taken a lot.
The buzzard is a beautiful bird to look at and very impressive but they have no natural predator so are taking over.

Back
Top Bottom