in this random rambling thread we post random pictures

I love trees, especially trees with paths.

beautiful_trees.jpg
12687897406KZFNLH.jpg
Orton_Plantation_driveway.jpg
7252279488_2c3c851629_z.jpg
You are speaking my language.

Quote: No, I found them on peniterest and was floored by how little the hooks must have been to make them. And the panda is fuzzy. They used fuzzy string. I would have gone nuts. Maybe a surgical robot was programed to do it or something. I mean, how do you crochet and hold the magnifying glass?

No, I found them on peniterest and was floored by how little the hooks must have been to make them. And the panda is fuzzy. They used fuzzy string. I would have gone nuts. Maybe a surgical robot was programed to do it or something.  I mean, how do you crochet and hold the magnifying glass?

I used to do those- made a mini chicken. I used a tiiiiny crochet hook and sewing thread. They probably made the panda fuzzy by rubbing it with a toothbrush.

My chicken-

The crochet hook-

Photos of the extraordinary lengths some children must go through to get an education in impoverished areas.

5-Hour Journey Into The Mountains On A 1ft Wide Path To Probably The Most Remote School In The World, Gulu, China

Image credits: Sipa Press
Schoolchildren Climbing On Unsecured Wooden Ladders, Zhang Jiawan Village, Southern China

Image credits: Imaginachina/Rex Features
Kids Traveling To A Boarding School Through The Himalayas, Zanskar, Indian Himalayas

Image credits: Timothy Allen
Pupils Crossing A Damaged Suspension Bridge, Lebak, Indonesia

After the story spread, Indonesia’s largest steel producer, PT Krakatau Steel, built a new bridge, so that the children could cross the river safely. (Image credits: Reuters)
Kids Flying 800m On A Steel Cable 400m Above The Rio Negro River, Colombia

Image credits: Christoph Otto
Pupils Canoeing To School, Riau, Indonesia

Image credits: Nico Fredia
Kids Traveling Through The Forest Across A Tree Root Bridge, India

Source: The Atlantic
A Girl Riding A Bull To School, Myanmar

Image credits: Andrey
Riding a Tuktuk (Auto Rickshaw) To School In Beldanga, India

Image credits: Dilwar Mandal
Crossing a Broken Bridge In The Snow To Get To School In Dujiangyan, Sichuan Province, China

Image credits: Imaginechina / Rex Features
Children Traveling On The Roof Of A Wooden Boat In Pangururan, Indonesia

Image credits: Muhammad Buchari
School Girls Walking Across A Plank On The Wall Of The 16th Century Galle Fort In Sri Lanka

Image credits: Reuters/Vivek Prakash
Pupils Traveling By Boat in Kerala, India

Image credits: Santosh Sugumar
Schoolchildren Riding A Horse Cart Back From School In Delhi, India

Image credits: Reuters
Students Crossing Ciherang River On A Makeshift Bamboo Raft, Cilangkap Village, Indonesia

Image credits: Reuters/Beawiharta Beawiharta
125-Mile Journey To A Boarding School Through The Mountains, Pili, China

Image credits: unknown
Pupils Walking On A Tightrope 30 Feet Above A River, Padang, Sumatra, Indonesia

Image credits: Panjalu Images / Barcroft Media
Elementary School Students Crossing A River On Inflated Tire Tubes, Rizal Province, Philippines

Image credits: Dennis M. Sabangan / EPA

Image credits: Bullit Marquez /AP

My father, who works for a company that sells some Melissa and Doug stuff, brought this home for me. Apparently they wanted to know what the "chicken expert" thought of it. I give it an A+. What do you guys think??

Back
Top Bottom